Israel Ready for Ground Invasion of Gaza

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Aug 14, 2001
Originally posted by: smack Down
Originally posted by: RabidMongoose
Originally posted by: jpeyton
Originally posted by: palehorse
Originally posted by: Nebor
The cost of doing things this way is measured in Israeli lives though. :(
If that's the cost of not dropping 2,000lb bombs on two dozen Palestinian women and children, :thumbsup:
...which itself is the result of Palestinians launching thousands of rockets and suicide bombers at Israeli men, women, and children for decades. See how that works?

Let me dumb it down for the shortbus riders amongst us...

Q: How many innocent Palestinian women and children did Israel intend to kill with their airstrikes?

A: None.

Q: How many innocent Israeli women and children did Hamas intend to kill with their rockets?

A: As many as humanly possible!
Hamas, IDF. Same animal, different uniforms.

Yeah, I suppose only if you ignore the laws of war.

Which I'm sure both do.

I'm not sure about that actually, but I have to admit that I'm not too knowledgeable on specific Israeli acts. I wouldn't find it surprising though. Do you have anything specific that is currently happening?

smack Down

Diamond Member
Sep 10, 2005
Originally posted by: RichardE
If that's the cost of not dropping 2,000lb bombs on two dozen Palestinian women and children, :thumbsup:
...which itself is the result of Palestinians launching thousands of rockets and suicide bombers at Israeli men, women, and children for decades. See how that works?

Q: How many innocent Palestinian women and children did Israel intend to kill with their airstrikes?

Q: How many innocent Israeli women and children did Hamas intend to kill with their rockets?

When you drop a 2,000 bomb on a house you know is full of innocent women and children your intent is to kill a house full of innocent women.

Only difference between israel and hamas is the accuracy of their weapons.

So why havn't we seen civilian casualties in the thousands yet? Its been a week of bombs that could be dropped on civilians. I mean, since Jews just love killing woman and children :confused:

Read the news the casualties are in the thousands

Oh, you think everyone is a civilian, I understand now.

Have you seen any evidence beside a hand full of people that have been injuried are part of Hama's military?

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000

More than 400 Palestinians and four Israelis have been killed in the latest offensive. The U.N. estimated Friday that a quarter of the Palestinians killed were civilians.

smack Down

Diamond Member
Sep 10, 2005

Which I'm sure both do.

I'm not sure about that actually, but I have to admit that I'm not too knowledgeable on specific Israeli acts. I wouldn't find it surprising though. Do you have anything specific that is currently happening?

No but I don't think there has ever been a war where anyone followed all the rules of war

RichardE

Banned
Dec 31, 2005

When you drop a 2,000 bomb on a house you know is full of innocent women and children your intent is to kill a house full of innocent women.

So why havn't we seen civilian casualties in the thousands yet? Its been a week of bombs that could be dropped on civilians. I mean, since Jews just love killing woman and children :confused:

Have you seen any evidence beside a hand full of people that have been injuried are part of Hama's military?

Have you seen any evidence of any civilian casualties besides the same people who brought you dead baby in 30 poses in Lebanon and weeping woman infront of 12 houses?

So again, I ask you, why are the casualties not higher? I am sure Israel could flatten that entire area in a week of bombing if it wanted.

Aug 14, 2001

Which I'm sure both do.

No but I don't think there has ever been a war where anyone followed all the rules of war

I'm not sure about that, as far as official military command goes. It's obvious that Hamas is not following the laws of war, but I haven't read anything about Israel in this latest conflict.

smack Down

Diamond Member
Sep 10, 2005
Originally posted by: Common Courtesy

More than 400 Palestinians and four Israelis have been killed in the latest offensive. The U.N. estimated Friday that a quarter of the Palestinians killed were civilians.

Read a dictionary casualties includes those injured or diseased to.

smack Down

Diamond Member
Sep 10, 2005

Have you seen any evidence of any civilian casualties besides the same people who brought you dead baby in 30 poses in Lebanon and weeping woman infront of 12 houses?

So again, I ask you, why are the casualties not higher? I am sure Israel could flatten that entire area in a week of bombing if it wanted.

How the hell should I know. I'm not in on any mission planning briefings.

Ozoned

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2004
Where do you draw the line? The distiction between terrorists (hamas), and those that harbor (voted them in) them.

RichardE

Banned
Dec 31, 2005

How the hell should I know. I'm not in on any mission planning briefings.

I didn't think so. Oh look your just trolling again with your bullshit ideas, Good Job! You want a cookie now or after the war?

smack Down

Diamond Member
Sep 10, 2005

I didn't think so. Oh look your just trolling again with your bullshit ideas, Good Job! You want a cookie now or after the war?

What ever there sparky.

RichardE

Banned
Dec 31, 2005

What ever there sparky.

:beer:

and :cookie: because I feel nice and am sympathetic to your pathetic attempts to discuss something you have no idea about.

fallout man

Golden Member
Nov 20, 2007

What ever there sparky.

and :cookie: because I feel nice and am sympathetic to your pathetic attempts to discuss something you have no idea about.

Hey guys, just fuck it.

Let's all Pray for Israel.

RichardE

Banned
Dec 31, 2005
Originally posted by: fallout man

What ever there sparky.

Hey guys, just fuck it.

Let's all Pray for Israel.

I thought you did already

Israel greatest country in the world.
The occupied territories are run by little girls.
Israel number one exporter of freedom.
Other countries have inferior freedom.

Israel home of Dead Sea.
It?s length thirty meter and width six meter.
Filtration system a marvel to behold.
It remove 80 percent of Palestinian solid waste.

Israel! Israel! You very nice place.
From the peak of Masada to Eliat's beaches.
Israel friend of all except Iran.
They want nuclear penis as big as ours.

Israel industry best in the world.
We create Core2Duo and other such things.
Israel prostitutes immigrants of Russian descent.
They have very small tits, and very goy vagin.

Israel, Israel you very nice place.
From the peak of Masada to Eliat's beaches.
Join us in air-gun hunting of Palestinian pets.
If their childrent throw rocks, the IDF will respond.

Want help starting those ovens up yet? :roll:

theflyingpig

Banned
Mar 9, 2008
Originally posted by: theflyingpig
Thank god. This next week shall prove weather or not Israel has the will to win this fight.
What makes you think this week's battle will be more decisive than the last 50 years of war?

That's right...it won't.

If Israel fights like it has in the past it won't. Israel must realize that the Palestinians are never going to stop attacking them unless they completely destroy them. That is the only way for this to end. It is obvious that there is too much hatred on both sides for there to be a diplomatic solution to this. One side must be annihilated for there to be peace.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
Thank god. This next week shall prove weather or not Israel has the will to win this fight.
What makes you think this week's battle will be more decisive than the last 50 years of war?

That's right...it won't.

If Israel fights like it has in the past it won't. Israel must realize that the Palestinians are never going to stop attacking them unless they completely destroy them. That is the only way for this to end. It is obvious that there is too much hatred on both sides for there to be a diplomatic solution to this. One side must be annihilated for there to be peace.

Roger that. And I'd rather the right side won.

But we both know this will be a politicized expedition like the "invasion" of Lebanon. Not enough enemy killed, too many Israeli's lost. :(

fallout man

Golden Member
Nov 20, 2007

Where the fuck do you get the nerve? Who the fuck are you, internet poster, "RichardE," and how the fuck do you get off pulling statements like that? Shame on you, motherfucker.

Look, fuck-face. My "people" have experienced genocide--a genocide that was brutal, efficient, and as effective as what Nazi Germany was able to put together.

You will never find me trying to knee others in the face because of past wrongs. At the very least, the stories I hear from old relatives and friends afford me a somber perspective (and not a sense of vengeance or moral superiority) regarding history and misery.

Go and pleasure yourself with that civilian-mangling froth you've got brewing here with the other chickenhawks. You deserve it.

---------------------------------------
Personal attacks well over the line.

Take a week to calm down

Senior Anandtech Moderator
Common Courtesy

RichardE

Banned
Dec 31, 2005

Where the fuck do you get the nerve? Who the fuck are you, internet poster, "RichardE," and how the fuck do you get off pulling statements like that? Shame on you, motherfucker.

Look, fuck-face. My "people" have experienced genocide--a genocide that was brutal, efficient, and as effective as what Nazi Germany was able to put together.

You will never find me trying to knee others in the face because of past wrongs. At the very least, the stories I hear from old relatives and friends afford me a somber perspective (and not a sense of vengeance or moral superiority) regarding history and misery.

Go and pleasure yourself with that civilian-mangling froth you've got brewing here with the other chickenhawks. You deserve it.

Oh I'm sorry did I touch a nerve? I guess I shouldn't have made assumptions from all that "just let the jews die" shit you sprout.

theflyingpig

Banned
Mar 9, 2008

Oh boy! This is getting good. Please, continue.

fallout man

Golden Member
Nov 20, 2007

Oh I'm sorry did I touch a nerve? I guess I shouldn't have made assumptions from all that "just let the jews die" shit you sprout.

:roll:

I'll pray for you.

RichardE

Banned
Dec 31, 2005

I'll pray for you.

You sure you don't want to just shoot me in the head? One less to deal with :roll: You and your "I have the moral highground" pathetic bullshitness is sickening. I could mistake you for a nazi with all the crap you sprout about Israel yet you want to sit here and pretend that you have some moral highground? What utter complete bullshit.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Originally posted by: Ozoned
Where do you draw the line? The distiction between terrorists (hamas), and those that harbor (voted them in) them.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The where you draw the line question is worth asking, and cuts equally all ways.

In some ways, Hamas is a legitimate political party democratically elected, in the same ways the Israeli government is a legitimate government democratically elected, and at the same time, both the Israeli government and the Hamas governments are acting exactly like terrorists organizations.

Who in their populations are free from guilt? I can proudly state, I did not vote for GWB or the GOP in 2000 or 2004 as GWB&co quite arguably behaved as international war criminals, as such, I was at best in a 48% minority in 2004, and an actual majority in 2000 when Gore won the national popular vote. As we know from world history, the guilt is more collective when the price of policy is to be repaid in random violence.

Pardon me if I observe in all the threads on this latest Israeli retaliation on Gaza is
a common mistaken tendency to view this as its own independent incident, thus ignoring what is the larger history, namely that as long as the Palestinian people are deprived of equal rights, no amount of Israeli retaliation is going to prevent Palestinian and Arab hatreds and counter retaliation.

If there is anything to be learned in the 60 year larger struggle of Arabs and Palestinians Vs. Israelis, is that thus far, Israeli military might increases while Israel stays under constant attack. In short, Israel will know no peace as the same attacks, coming perhaps from different quarters will continue.

And when our country, the USA, was founded on the basis of the basis of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, we should not miss the obvious fact that the Palestinians, have gotten the short end of the stick, becoming third class citizens in the land of their own birth. And being herded into a squalid concentration camps
so Israel can enjoy its land gains is neither justice, or anything any human being will accept. Without Liberty and the fair pursuit of happiness, life is not worth living.

But the giant delusion most suffer under is that this some sort of a sports game,
and magically, some number of innings will occur, in the case of baseball, nine, or in the case of football or basketball, some celestial time clock will tick to zero, the scores will be compared, and we will all agree who won or lost.

In short, this type of struggle is going to keep going and going and going like some perpetual energy energizer bunny.

Of course some morally bankrupt people seem to suggest, Israel should kill all three million Palestinians, but then there will be some 100 million appalled Arabs as well of the rest of the world that wonder if the happiness, and the piggishness of six million Jews in Israel are worth that.

More than danger of the aspirations of the 3 million Palestinians, is the danger of the 100 million Arabs, and the various other terrorists groups. The notion that now
standing on the sideline nations like Egypt, Jordon, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, will be able to with stand the demands of their populations to strike a blow against Israel will be called in serious question, now and into the future.

We may currently think of the Arab nations as divided, unorganized, and weak, but with the right set of leadership, that equation can turn around almost overnight.
Look at Alexander the Great, Napoleon, Genghis Kahn, Gandhi, Mao, the initial expansion of Islam, the triumph of Christianity in Rome, and that names but a few examples.

That too is a somewhat rare but constant lesson of history, Israel damn well better
make some sort of just an equitable peace before that happens.

fallout man

Golden Member
Nov 20, 2007

I'll pray for you.

You sure you don't want to just shoot me in the head? One less to deal with :roll: You and your "I have the moral highground" pathetic bullshitness is sickening. I could mistake you for a nazi with all the crap you sprout about Israel yet you want to sit here and pretend that you have some moral highground? What utter complete bullshit.

No, I don't just want to shoot you in the head. That would go against the manner in which I live my life. I don't have any problems with Jews, but I have a problem with Israel's despicable conduct as a world-recognized democratic state.

Perhaps I can refer you to the love of my life who is the daughter of a Jewish carpenter (really, lol) for confirmation, but I won't. This is the internet.

Also, my best friend is black (lol).

:roll: :roll: :roll:

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000

Richard do you have Israeli citizenship?

RichardE

Banned
Dec 31, 2005

I'll pray for you.

No, I don't just want to shoot you in the head. That would go against the manner in which I live my life. I don't have any problems with Jews, but I have a problem with Israel's despicable conduct as a world-recognized democratic state.

Perhaps I can refer you to the love of my life who is the daughter of a Jewish carpenter (really, lol) for confirmation, but I won't. This is the internet.

Also, my best friend is black (lol).

:roll: :roll: :roll:

That was a little overboard, sorry man :beer: The topic can get heated sometimes :heart: