"Israel must be wiped off the map."

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Sep 12, 2004
Poor zio brainwashed fool not even understanding what is written in the quote he posted ..:D

Here it is again :

In other words he insisted that the minister of war and chief
of staff should be named by the DEMOCRATICALLY elected
governement , not by the Shah who in fact wanted to
control the army as a threat to the governement.

Mossadegh asked no more than to follow the path
of european constitutionnal monarchies in this matter,
not the undemocratic will of the iranian monarch.

Does the queen of UK name the minister of war
and military staff ?...

Now you can return take a full bucket of your beloved
zio brainwashing medics...:D
:yawn;

Another who doesn't know the whole story and assumes that everyone who doesn't suck Iran's dick is a "zio."

First of all, Mossadegh was not allowing the Democratically elected government to name the minister of war and chief of staff. Mossadegh himself wanted that sole power. And guess who he wanted to name to that position? That's right. He wanted the control for himself. He planned to name himself minster of war/chief of staff. Not only that, but he was petitioning the cabinet for another year of complete dictatorial control of Iran, a control he had already had for 6 months previous.

How is that any sort of Democracy in action, genius? Please explain it to everyone.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
TLC makes a weird statement as he asks, "How is that any sort of Democracy in action, genius? Please explain it to everyone. "

Then maybe TLC, as a self appointed genius, you can answer three questions for this forum.

1. Even if you assert Mossadegh was not totally democratic, how does that justify the USA and the Brits enginneering a coup to obtain Monarchy by installing the Shah? When, by definition, a monarchy is the totally direct opposite of a democracy.?

2. Iran and not any other nation can define what is democratic for Iran. If enough Iranian politicians were angry at Mossadegh and his actions, they could have given him the ole heave ho, just like the USA did to Nixon. And I may ague GWB did far more impeachable offenses, but there was not enough political will to get rid if GWB.

3. TLC, were you born in Iran or did you ever have Iranian citizenship? If not, what give you the right to decide what is democratic or not for Iran, and even more arrogantly state you are the last and best official word on the subject?

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Mossadegh was in power in a difficult time of conflict, when Britain dominated the country with a blockade of its oil and crippling its economy, creasing mass uprest.

But two sentences from Wiki summarize the question of his being a 'democratic leader' with his temporary demand for powers while in conflict with the Shah:

"The US-backed coup, in effect, had ended Iran's last fully democratic government, and there would be no return of democracy even after the Shah's removal."

"Due to his worldwide popularity, defiance of Britain, and fight for democracy, Mosaddegh was named as Time Magazine's 1951 Man of the Year. "

Sep 12, 2004
TLC makes a weird statement as he asks, "How is that any sort of Democracy in action, genius? Please explain it to everyone. "

Then maybe TLC, as a self appointed genius, you can answer three questions for this forum.
lol. Talk about self-appointed. Actually, I'm responding to you, LL, not the forum; unless you were appointed as speaker of this forum when nobody was looking. afaik, you weren't.

1. Even if you assert Mossadegh was not totally democratic, how does that justify the USA and the Brits enginneering a coup to obtain Monarchy by installing the Shah? When, by definition, a monarchy is the totally direct opposite of a democracy.?
Since there wasn't truly a democracy in the first place under Mossadegh that's pretty much a ridiculous question. Iran was essentially a dictatorship under Mossadegh. And keep in mind that the Shah had already been installed for years. Iran was a Constitutional Monarchy for decades under the Pavlavi family.

2. Iran and not any other nation can define what is democratic for Iran. If enough Iranian politicians were angry at Mossadegh and his actions, they could have given him the ole heave ho, just like the USA did to Nixon. And I may ague GWB did far more impeachable offenses, but there was not enough political will to get rid if GWB.
Keep telling yourself that. The truth is that nearly every nation tries to influence others in a variety of ways. I don't see you or any of the others who constantly whine about how the US should keep it's nose out of other's business place that same demand on Iran. How about Iran cuts its puppet strings with Syria, Hezbollah, or Hamas? Iran complains about US intervention yet they are more than happy to stick their nose in their neighbor's business.

3. TLC, were you born in Iran or did you ever have Iranian citizenship? If not, what give you the right to decide what is democratic or not for Iran, and even more arrogantly state you are the last and best official word on the subject?
Where did I state I am the last and official word on the subject. I'm simply correcting the superficial talking points that get parroted over and over again about Mossadegh when one of the lefty members of this forum feels a need to take a swipe at the US in regards to Iran.

And, no, I was not born in Iran nor do I need to be to hold the opinion that the US should feel free to intervene in other countries when they feel it's in their own best interests and those of our allies.