Israel - Lebanon War Photography

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Apr 17, 2005
we're so sheltered in the western world. to be honest...if I saw those two babies being killed or anyone in my family being killed, i would give a lot of thinking into hezbollah. and i'd be let down by the US who are the rightous world police when they feel like it.

MotionMan

Lifer
Jan 11, 2006
"If the Arabs had no weapons there'd be peace. If Israel had no weapons there'd be no Israel."

MotionMan

Jawo

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2005
Thanks for the pictures OP. Its great to look at unretouched pictures and really see whats going on over there. The last one is really haunting

Queasy

Moderator<br>Console Gaming
Aug 24, 2001
Video of Anderson Cooper of CNN admits Hezbollah stages photographs in Lebanon.

ANDERSON COOPER, CNN ANCHOR: Well, you know, you have to be very careful. Obviously, both sides in this conflict want their stories out. Israel, you know, provides public spokespeople very readily. If you're dealing with the Israeli military, they don't want you, you know, wandering around their artillery fields like where we are now, or wandering around their positions. So they often have press people who will actually sort of help you if you need interviews and the like.

While on the Hezbollah side, it's really interesting ? I was in Beirut, and they took me on this sort of guided tour of the Hezbollah- controlled territories in southern Lebanon that were heavily bombed. They are much cruder, obviously. They don't have the experience in this kind of thing. But they clearly want the story of civilian casualties out. That is their ? what they're heavily pushing, to the point where on this tour I was on, they were just making stuff up. They had six ambulances lined up in a row and said, OK, you know, they brought reporters there, they said you can talk to the ambulance drives. And then one by one, they told the ambulances to turn on their sirens and to zoom off, and people taking that picture would be reporting, I guess, the idea that these ambulances were zooming off to treat civilian casualties, when in fact, these ambulances were literally going back and forth down the street just for people to take pictures of them.