israel kills hamas chief?

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
I am sure that it bothers them; However, knowing the Hams is deliberately putting the civilians in harms way lessens the impact.

The IDF has a job to do in the following order:
  1. Eliminate the target.
  2. Protect themselves a much as possible
  3. Attempt to minimize collateral civilian damage

• The targets will have left the area.
  • The IDF are pretty safe in their tanks and warships.
  • Not doing a very good job at that TBH.

Apr 27, 2012
Hamas didnt just start attacking for no reason, Israel attacks Hamas and Hamas will respond, what do you think Hamas should do?

Well at least you can see what they are fighting for.

Hamas are Semitic.

This current crisis hamas started the attacks on Israel with over 400 rockets and Israel responds, How is Israel wrong?

I didn't agree about freedom, I was using your point, you say the Palestinians can fight for freedom but others cant

OK, Hamas is anti-Jewish

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
That may be true; Hamas is doing it for PR purposes.
Israel is doing it to attempt to eliminate the militant.

Again Israel knows that the militants aren't just sitting round waiting for a counter strike.

Israel is doing this for PR as well, they know that this wont solve the problem but they have to be seen to do something.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
This current crisis hamas started the attacks on Israel with over 400 rockets and Israel responds, How is Israel wrong?

There isn't "a current crisis" this has been going on for decades. There is an Israeli election coming up though so that may have something to do with it.

I didn't agree about freedom, ...

So you dont think people should fight for freedom?

OK, Hamas is anti-Jewish

Really! :eek:

Ducks can swim as well.

Apr 27, 2012
There isn't "a current crisis" this has been going on for decades. There is an Israeli election coming up though so that may have something to do with it.

Really! :eek:

Ducks can swim as well.

Whats been happening for the past days, who started it?

You dont agree that the people of Europe should fight for freedom

Hamas is anti-Jewish so how in any way can they be defended?

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
And Israel has stuck to everything they have agreed to?
With respect to Hamas - I would like to see unbiased evidence.

Hamas have only been in power since 2006. Gaza was treated pretty badly before then as well.
Gaza was treated based on Egypt initially turning it into a refugee camp and then the PLO operating just like Hamas.

Same predator, different color of mud.

Hamas doesnt really have any power. Sure they can stop attacking Israel and Israel might stop the bombardments, but they cant change Israeli policy to Gaza and how its treated.
They can stop poking Israel and therefore gain the higher ground morally.

The thing is that the Palestinians have never stopped attacking Israel; so how can one predict what Israel will do.

As a demonstration; Israel withdrew all settlements from Gaza; This is something that the Palestinians had been complaining about. So the Palestinians moved closer to the Israeli border and continued with the shelling and sending suicide people in. What does that then demonstrate?

Israel provides a olive branch as requested and the Palestinians destroy it, claiming that it is not enough.

Diplomats state that it is the little things, small steps that end up with the overall desired result.

Israel made a small step in an attempt to make progress; the Palestinians did not even try to reciprocate.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Whats been happening for the past days, who started it?

Whats been happening for the past few weeks, the past few years, the past few decades?

"Who started it?" are we going to send in a primary school teacher and make them sit in the corner?

You dont agree that the people of Europe should fight for freedom

What the hell has this got to do with Gaza?

Hamas is anti-Jewish so how in any way can they be defended?

1. I'm not defending Hamas.
  2. They are allowed to be anti Jewish if they want, its the bombing bit thats bad.
  3. Israel is anti Palistinian?

Apr 27, 2012
Whats been happening for the past few weeks, the past few years, the past few decades?

"Who started it?" are we going to send in a primary school teacher and make them sit in the corner?

What the hell has this got to do with Gaza?

1. I'm not defending Hamas.
  2. They are allowed to be anti Jewish if they want, its the bombing bit thats bad.
  3. Israel is anti Palistinian?

It looks like I am wasting my time with you, one final question

Hamas attacked Israel and Israel responded then hamas "retaliates", Does Israel have a right to respond and is hamas wrong for attacking?

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
With respect to Hamas - I would like to see unbiased evidence.

Its not just about Hamas its about agreements with the Palestinians.

Gaza was treated based on Egypt initially turning it into a refugee camp and then the PLO operating just like Hamas.

Same predator, different color of mud.

Dosnt change the fact that ultimatly Israel controls Gaza and is therefore responsible for the plight of the people in there.

They can stop poking Israel and therefore gain the higher ground morally.

Palestinians are in a position where moral superiority isnt going to help. Its not going to feed them, its not going to give them the raw materials to rebuild, its not going to give them access to the things Israelis take for granted.

The thing is that the Palestinians have never stopped attacking Israel; so how can one predict what Israel will do.

The Israelis have never stopped caging and controlling the Palestinians.

As a demonstration; Israel withdrew all settlements from Gaza; This is something that the Palestinians had been complaining about. So the Palestinians moved closer to the Israeli border and continued with the shelling and sending suicide people in. What does that then demonstrate?

Israel provides a olive branch as requested and the Palestinians destroy it, claiming that it is not enough.

Diplomats state that it is the little things, small steps that end up with the overall desired result.

Israel made a small step in an attempt to make progress; the Palestinians did not even try to reciprocate.

The thing is the Palestinians are treated appallingly by the Israelis and you seem to be fine with that. If you treat a population like that how do you expect them to act.

Little thought experiment.

The rest of the US gets pissed off with Texas. Decides to surround it and tightly controls what gets in. Occasionally the US takes a bit of land that looks good for farming and gives it to someone from outside Texas, sometimes they stop doing that. Sometimes the US cuts power to Texas.
If anyone from Texas fights back the US launches missiles at cities in Texas and/or decides to bulldoze some Texan homes down.

How do you think Texans should feel when the US is in one of those phases where they arent taking land?

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Hamas attacked Israel and Israel responded then hamas "retaliates", Does Israel have a right to respond and is hamas wrong for attacking?

Of course Israel has a right to respond, they have an army how is Hamas going to stop them?

Both side are in the wrong and neither (Hamas or the Israeli government) are interested in a reasonable solution.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000

I am sure that Hamas took the election into account before they started lobbing rockets a couple of months ago.

To choose a known path that accomplishes nothing, when a second path can accomplish something seems foolish. Great to impress, lousy for those impressed.

Freedom exists at a price, the Palestinians do not want to pay it yet.

StrangerGuy

Diamond Member
May 9, 2004
If I was a rational Palestinian I would be more afraid of my own people who can't just seem to solve our own issues but have no problems provoking armed responses from Israel.

Emphasis on the "rational".