Israel is live-tweeting its offensive into Gaza

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

spacejamz

Lifer
Mar 31, 2003
As long as Israel plays the rules of the Western world; she will win but at serious cost. This conflict is a microscopic view of the overall Western vs Islam military battle ground.

This is why Israel cannot win...unless the gloves can come off to completely finish the job properly, this insanity will continue and the civilians will continue to suffer.

Fighting a war with one's hand tied behind their back is a recipe for disaster...In today's world, a PR disaster (over civilian deaths and collateral damage) is worse than a military defeat.

It is truly disgusting that these 'militants' continue to hide among the civilians (in their schools, hospitals and places of worship) hoping that the death of their children and wives will further their cause in the media...

If they truly believe that it is Allah's will that they will be victorious, shouldn't they face their enemy head on and not put their wives and children in jeapordy??

zanejohnson

Diamond Member
Nov 29, 2002
Well the conflict blew up in the last week, so something sparked that is what I mean

if that's what you mean then it was rockets that apparently shot into israel (however that happens all the time, also, israel has been ramping up since our presidential election)

basically, what everyone doesn't realize because they dont follow it regularly, is that this is an israeli aggressive, they've been talking about it for a while, and they must keep us support, or there's a very good chance it could end up badly for them...

basically, we're deciding if we want to back this (and how much so)

it could.. be nothing..(we could betray israel)

it could.. be ww3

theevilsharpie

Platinum Member
Nov 2, 2009
if that's what you mean then it was rockets that apparently shot into israel (however that happens all the time, also, israel has been ramping up since our presidential election)

Hamas indiscriminately shoots rockets at Israeli cities - No biggie

Israel shoots rockets at Hamas militants - Israeli aggression

¿Qué?

zanejohnson

Diamond Member
Nov 29, 2002
Hamas indiscriminately shoots rockets at Israeli cities - No biggie

Israel shoots rockets at Hamas militants - Israeli aggression

¿Qué?

hamas can't actually aggressively attack israel, everyone knows this..

basically israel ramped up what they usually do when this happens.

like if we were to fire back with missiles to the mexicans invading the usa.

Sep 12, 2004
it's like the everpresent abundance of mexican illegals in the usa... it would be like if usa responded with missiles... they don't want that fight? shouldn't have stolen land from them.
Please stop already. You obviously don't have any idea what you're talking about because your analogy has absolutely no grasp of reality.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
b61582a7da10.jpg

Wow, they are historically terrible fighters. They at one point had the Israeli's surrounded, and now they're surrounded. This doesn't bode well for the palestinians in the current conflict. They might end up without any land at all at this rate.

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
Wow - I mean, it was inevitably going to happen on Facebook or Twitter, but I didn't expect it so soon.

The Atlantic - Military Strikes Go Viral: Israel Is Live-Tweeting Its Own Offensive Into Gaza

Well thats good . Its time for the lieing mainstream media to die. The only loss will be commericals running on netwotk stations . As the money dries up these people willl go back to being what they have always been , Small people with even smaller minds. Who will not beable to make it in the real world.

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006

basically, what everyone doesn't realize because they dont follow it regularly, is that this is an israeli aggressive, they've been talking about it for a while, and they must keep us support, or there's a very good chance it could end up badly for them...

basically, we're deciding if we want to back this (and how much so)

it could.. be nothing..(we could betray israel)

it could.. be ww3

Israel knows we will not be backing them . I want to hear the words Muslem terrorist come from Obummers mouth. He won't because he won't say it about his own kind.

zanejohnson

Diamond Member
Nov 29, 2002
Israel knows we will not be backing them . I want to hear the words Muslem terrorist come from Obummers mouth. He won't because he won't say it about his own kind.

good, they need to sort this shit out themselves, it's unfair to have us backing either side, doesn't accomplish shit.

DucatiMonster696

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2009
Wow, they are historically terrible fighters. They at one point had the Israeli's surrounded, and now they're surrounded. This doesn't bode well for the palestinians in the current conflict. They might end up without any land at all at this rate.

What that map doesn't show you is how that area would of been divided up among neighboring Arab states if there were no Israel. The plan was that Jordan, Egypt and Syria would each get to carve up the area up until the British decided to allow the Jews to also settle in the area and establish their own state.

DucatiMonster696

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2009

What that map doesn't show you is how that area would of been divided up among neighboring Arab states if there were no Israel. The plan was that Jordan, Egypt and Syria would each get to carve up the area up until the British decided to allow the Jews to also settle in the area and establish their own state. In other words there was never a "Palestinian" people or state in all the history of that region up until the 60's when the Arab states formed a plan to create this phantom group of their own refugees.

Screech

Golden Member
Oct 20, 2004
it's like the everpresent abundance of mexican illegals in the usa... it would be like if usa responded with missiles... they don't want that fight? shouldn't have stolen land from them.

How many rockets have hit san diego from baja california recently?

Besides, people coming into your country and picking oranges for pennies on the hour is a bit different than blowing up your cafes with suicide vests and rockets.

In any case though, I say we don't back israel or the palestinians.....there's no reason either of them deserve our money (especially given the current, uh, financial situation).

Harabec

Golden Member
Oct 15, 2005

Yeah I'll keep that in mind while a building in a nearby town gets hit, killing 3 people. Yesterday I've had triple-booms (rocket+iron dome counters) going off every 10 minutes in my area, all day.

We've had rockets and mortar fire coming our way for months. No body cares, just like nobody cares about dead arabs when they're in Syria...yet when Israel dares protect its citizens the entire arab world is foaming at the mouth.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000

You were better when you stayed out of P&N and posted your rubbish in OT.

Hamas may not be able to mount a military invasion; but they are lobbing rockets daily into Israel.
Those rockets can do damage and kill people.
But if Israel responds to Hamas, people get upset and claim disproportionate use of force.

SagaLore

Elite Member
Dec 18, 2001
All I can say is LOL WTF?

These countries should stop fighting and just play WoW with each other.

Brovane

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2001
Yeah I'll keep that in mind while a building in a nearby town gets hit, killing 3 people. Yesterday I've had triple-booms (rocket+iron dome counters) going off every 10 minutes in my area, all day.

We've had rockets and mortar fire coming our way for months. No body cares, just like nobody cares about dead arabs when they're in Syria...yet when Israel dares protect its citizens the entire arab world is foaming at the mouth.

Please stay safe. I have to ask with the amount of in-bound rocket's being launched is that why everybody seems to be not seeking shelter in this video when the air raid sirens go off? The restaurant music continues and it kind of seems like everyone goes about there business.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kAyqbKwd1o&feature=youtu.be

Harabec

Golden Member
Oct 15, 2005
You might say some people have gotten used to it. Be'er-Sheva is a big city and for every 50 people staying at their homes you have another 50 people out and about.

When it happens all the time you just gotta carry on with your life :p Or you'll never leave the house...