Israel goes out of its way to humiliate an important ally

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
To be honest, I never expected the Isreli government to act this childish. They've always been professionals. However, it looks like there are some real children running the show in Israel.

Although the Islamist government in Turkey is relatively hostile towards Israel, it isn't their place to tell the private sector what to do. I'm not sure why the Israeli government expected them to put pressure on the television. Furthermore, it's better for people to vent their anger this way than to send young men or money for Jihadist purposes.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/8455460.stm

Turkey calls for Israeli apology
Turkey has demanded that Israel apologise over what it called the "discourteous" way its ambassador was treated during a diplomatic meeting.

Israel summoned Turkey's ambassador to rebuke him over a TV series but ensured he was photographed on a lower chair.

In response, Turkey has summoned the Israeli ambassador to Ankara to express its "annoyance".

The foreign ministry has also insisted it expects steps to be taken to compensate its envoy.

In a statement, the ministry said it awaited "an explanation and apology" for the "attitude" of Israel's Deputy Foreign Minister Danny Ayalon.

"We invite the Israeli foreign ministry to respect the rules of diplomatic courtesy," the statement said.

The television series that sparked the diplomatic row depicts Israeli intelligence agents as baby-snatchers.

'Repeated provocation'

Footage of Mr Ayalon urging journalists to make clear that the ambassador was seated on a low sofa, while the Israeli officials were in much higher chairs, has been widely broadcast by the Israeli media.

He is also heard pointing out in Hebrew that "there is only one flag here" and "we are not smiling".

In an interview with Israel's Army Radio, Mr Ayalon was unapologetic.

"In terms of the diplomatic tactics available, this was the minimum that was warranted given the repeated provocation by political and other players in Turkey," he said, according to Reuters.

One Israeli newspaper marked the height difference on the photo, and captioned it "the height of humiliation".

The meeting with the Turkish ambassador, Ahmet Oguz Celikkol, was called over the fictional television series Valley of the Wolves, popular in Turkey.

It depicts Israeli intelligence operatives running operations to kidnap babies and convert them to Judaism.

Last October Israel complained over another Turkish series, which depicted Israeli soldiers killing Palestinians. In one clip, an Israeli soldier shoots dead a smiling young girl at close range.

The row comes ahead of a planned visit by Israeli Defence Minister Ehud Barak to Turkey on Sunday.

Turkey has long been an ally of Israel, but relations have deteriorated as Ankara has repeatedly criticised Israel for its offensive in Gaza a year ago.

Rights groups say about 1,400 Palestinians died during the operation, which Israel said was aimed at ending rocket fire by Hamas.

Last edited:

JS80

Lifer
Oct 24, 2005
lol gotta find even the stupidest excuse to hate the jews. unfuckingbelievable.

Freshgeardude

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2006
well when a country goes out and says they will wage a full on war with israel if they fly their planes over turkey air space, without proof, without any instigation, without any hostility by israel, simply to keep Iran happy, I dont think Israel will be happy.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
To be honest, I never expected the Isreli government to act this childish. They've always been professionals. However, it looks like there are some real children running the show in Israel.

Although the Islamist government in Turkey is relatively hostile towards Israel, it isn't their place to tell the private sector what to do. I'm not sure why the Israeli government expected them to put pressure on the television. Furthermore, it's better for people to vent their anger this way than to send young men or money for Jihadist purposes.

To be honest with you Turkish people usually are not the Jihadist type. Compared to the rest of the middle east when push comes to shove Turkey is usually iether nuetral or looking the other way..

Jun 26, 2007
To be honest with you Turkish people usually are not the Jihadist type. Compared to the rest of the middle east when push comes to shove Turkey is usually iether nuetral or looking the other way..

Considering they have banned the use of the Burqa and other such headgear along with being a more secular nation than Israel can EVER be they are closer to the west than Israel will ever be.

I'm as much pro Israel as you get but facts remain facts and one of them is that Israel is nothing but a fundamentalist driven state at this point in time.

The new settlements and the Egypt wall just proves that.

Unfortunantly, if they drive it too hard, the support they used to have will be the support they have no more and while Israel can hold it's own for a while, without support it's going to become a part of greater Palestine.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
I think Israel and the West are going to have to face it; Turkey is lost to the Islamists. Playing silly games with seat height is not going to change facts or improve the situation, they should just treat Turkey as they would Saudi Arabia or Malaysia, i.e. non-friendly but not necessarily an enemy yet. Turkey is Israel's France, not to be trusted as an ally but reasonably neutral to friendly otherwise.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
So who's being childish?

Th side forcing a guy to sit in a lower seat, or the side with it's panties in a bunch because their guy sat in a lower seat?

I can't tell.

Fern

woolfe9999

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005
Considering they have banned the use of the Burqa and other such headgear along with being a more secular nation than Israel can EVER be they are closer to the west than Israel will ever be.

I'm as much pro Israel as you get but facts remain facts and one of them is that Israel is nothing but a fundamentalist driven state at this point in time.

Unfortunantly, if they drive it too hard, the support they used to have will be the support they have no more and while Israel can hold it's own for a while, without support it's going to become a part of greater Palestine.

Well I have been to both Israel and Turkey, and I can't agree with your statement that Turkey is "more secular" or "closer to the west" than Israel. Anyone who has been to both places will find that statement pretty startling. About a quarter of Israelis identify themselves as atheists or agnostics, which is about threefold what we have in the U.S.

Although the recent succession of governments in Israel have had a hard line stance on foreign policy, domestically the country is not exactly a bastion of right wing fundamentalism.

- wolf

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001

Woefully ignorant of current situation - Atatürk's reforms are abating and Turks are regressing. Muslim Turks are tearing down churches and everything else that goes with Islam. Most ironic is the headquarters of the Secretariat for the entry of Turkey into the European Union is a church confiscated from the Orthodox Christian community in the 90s.

Last edited:

Freshgeardude

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2006
This whole mess started out when Turkey showed hostility towards israel when Iran asked if they were letting Israel fly over turkey to do spy work.

Turkey responded by saying that israel is not doing such thing and if they did, turkey would have a full on war with them (israel)

Israel didnt have any hostility to start against turkey to get this sort of disrespect from them.

Turkey just feels that they should be friends with Iran and turkey cant be friends with Israel and Iran.

fallout man

Golden Member
Nov 20, 2007

This.

CanOWorms

Lifer
Jul 3, 2001
Well I have been to both Israel and Turkey, and I can't agree with your statement that Turkey is "more secular" or "closer to the west" than Israel. Anyone who has been to both places will find that statement pretty startling. About a quarter of Israelis identify themselves as atheists or agnostics, which is about threefold what we have in the U.S.

Although the recent succession of governments in Israel have had a hard line stance on foreign policy, domestically the country is not exactly a bastion of right wing fundamentalism.

- wolf

The religiousness of the people is different than that of the government.

Jun 26, 2007

- wolf

Son, i don't give a FUCK about your impression, Turkey is as secular as the US, even more so if you look at the restrictions that are pretty much equal amongst religions (a tad harder on Islam but that has to do with clothing).

Israel is hard stanced against any international interference, ok, so let's quit all national interference, they continue settlements on disputed ground while they are isolating themselves, they have no asylum politics what so ever.

When will Israel join the world community in accepting refugees? Why are they going against the very thing that created their nation? I'll tell you why, because Israel is turning into a nationalistic state where no one but a Jew is considered a citisen.

Secular has nothing to do with the population you stupid twat, it has to do with laws and government, it doesn't really matter if 100% of a nation are christians, it can still be a secular nation.

BTW, i don't know any numbers for Turkey but i'd bet that around 30-50% are atheists there.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
"Modern secular" Turkey: Notice the Jihadist head bands and Israeli flag burning.

OSM07_wa.jpg

Ozoned

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2004
I think Israel and the West are going to have to face it; Turkey is lost to the Islamists. Playing silly games with seat height is not going to change facts or improve the situation, they should just treat Turkey as they would Saudi Arabia or Malaysia, i.e. non-friendly but not necessarily an enemy yet. Turkey is Israel's France, not to be trusted as an ally but reasonably neutral to friendly otherwise.

The Islamic revival, and its call to return to the fundamental tenets of Islam will not tolerate a secular Turkey. It may be the next battleground after Pakistan.

JMO

Jun 26, 2007
The Islamic revival, and its call to return to the fundamental tenets of Islam will not tolerate a secular Turkey. It may be the next battleground after Pakistan.

JMO

Turkey has been secular for a longer time than most nations in Europe.

Of course, not knowing sheit about a topic and still talking is SOP among the retarded anti-islamic national guard around here.

Seriously, just SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
"Turks increasingly turn to Islamic extremism," by Sebastian Rotella for the Los Angeles Times, June 28:
"We are aware of an increasing number of Turks going to train in Pakistan," said a senior European anti-terrorism official who asked to remain anonymous because the subject is sensitive. "This increase has taken place in the past couple of years."

Turkey's secular tradition and official monitoring of religious practice for years helped restrain extremism at home and in the diaspora. But the newer movements churn out Internet propaganda in Turkish as well as German, an effort to recruit among a Turkish immigrant population in Germany that numbers close to 3 million.

"We are seeing almost as much propaganda material from these Turkic groups as we are from Al Qaeda," said Evan Kohlmann, a U.S. private consultant who works with anti-terrorism agencies around the world. "Turks were perceived as moderate with few connections to Al Qaeda central. Now Germany is dealing with this threat in a community that could be a sleeping giant."

Jun 26, 2007
"Modern secular" Turkey: Notice the Jihadist head bands and Israeli flag burning.

OSM07_wa.jpg

Son, we get it, ya hate them there aye-rabs.

So why the FUCK are you not here?

Because you love to hate them from your keyboard but will do nothing but speak ill of them at any chance you get and lie if that helps? Because you don't have the fucking balls to be here where i am?

I'd say it's all of the above, you're just a pathetic little wise and beautiful woman trying to muster up some justification for your own misery by blaming others. It's "see, at least i'm not as horribly retarded and indoctrinated as those fools are" but i'm not so sure you're right about that.

Ayet 2

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Son, i don't give a FUCK about your impression, Turkey is as secular as the US, even more so if you look at the restrictions that are pretty much equal amongst religions (a tad harder on Islam but that has to do with clothing).

Israel is hard stanced against any international interference, ok, so let's quit all national interference, they continue settlements on disputed ground while they are isolating themselves, they have no asylum politics what so ever.

When will Israel join the world community in accepting refugees? Why are they going against the very thing that created their nation? I'll tell you why, because Israel is turning into a nationalistic state where no one but a Jew is considered a citisen.

Secular has nothing to do with the population you stupid twat, it has to do with laws and government, it doesn't really matter if 100% of a nation are christians, it can still be a secular nation.

BTW, i don't know any numbers for Turkey but i'd bet that around 30-50% are atheists there.

LOL @ everything. And accept refugees? They do, Jews from Ethiopia, from UK, & from anywhere else fundis chase them out. If you mean Muslim, Are you nuts?