Islamic Cleric in Britain supports taking women and children hostage...

BuckNaked

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Text
Edit: and oh, check this out...

He gave an interview yesterday to promote a "celebratory" conference in London next Saturday to commemorate the third anniversary of the September 11 attacks.

1EZduzit

Lifer
Feb 4, 2002
The father of seven came to Britain in 1985 after being deported from Saudi Arabia because of his membership of a banned group. He has since been given leave by the Home Office to remain in Britain for five years but the Government is reviewing his status.

Sounds like he might not be living in Britain much longer. I'm sure Iraq would take him...I think.

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000
Freedom of speech gone wrong. This should be criminally inciting violence, just like the prosecutions against the KKK and neo-nazis.

1EZduzit

Lifer
Feb 4, 2002
I don't believe he could or should be jailed for what he said, but it wouldn't surpirse me if his time in Britain was rapidly coming to an end.

In plain old common sense terms, I wouldn't want him living next door to me, LOL.

Aug 14, 2001
Didn't they send their last crazy Muslim cleric (the one that looks like a pirate) to the US to face some sort of charges?

MegaWorks

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2004
Originally posted by: RabidMongoose
Didn't they send their last crazy Muslim cleric (the one that looks like a pirate) to the US to face some sort of charges?

who send, muslims?

Aug 14, 2001
Originally posted by: MegaWorks

who send, muslims?

The British...I believe he was to be extradited to the US.

klah

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2002

who send, muslims?

Abu Hamza. He has not been extradited, just arrested several times. I believe he was released again a couple days ago.

CanOWorms

Lifer
Jul 3, 2001
Originally posted by: klah

who send, muslims?

Abu Hamza. He has not been extradited, just arrested several times. I believe he was released again a couple days ago.

I don't think he's been released. I think the British just dropped their own charges against him.

Klixxer

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2004
Originally posted by: alchemize
Freedom of speech gone wrong. This should be criminally inciting violence, just like the prosecutions against the KKK and neo-nazis.

We agree again, a scope and a .30-06, this could be easily solved.

Dammit, not only am i ruining your rep but now i am ruining mine as a peace loving hippy liberal too. :D

rextilleon

Feb 19, 2004
Nice to see that the Brits are just as stupid as we are when it comes to allowing these fanatics into their country.

Klixxer

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2004
Originally posted by: rextilleon
Nice to see that the Brits are just as stupid as we are when it comes to allowing these fanatics into their country.

Yeah, cuz they say that at the border "hi, i am a fanatic who will do my best to promote killing everyone in your society".

Not to bright, are ya?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I have no idea what could have caused this man go go insane but I pity him because one only becomes that insane from tremendous pain. May his soul find peace before he commits a crime and loses all hope of redemption.

Klixxer

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2004
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
I have no idea what could have caused this man go go insane but I pity him because one only becomes that insane from tremendous pain. May his soul find peace before he commits a crime and loses all hope of redemption.

Some become insane because they loose their sanity and reprogram their minds with ideas that do not belong there, they are called fundamentalists.

I am not so sure it must come from pain, rather a lack of cause in the world, not everyone finds their place and finds it to be a place they can accept.

Aug 14, 2001
Originally posted by: Klixxer

Yeah, cuz they say that at the border "hi, i am a fanatic who will do my best to promote killing everyone in your society".

Not to bright, are ya?

Well if you're crazy enough to get deported from Saudi Arabia then it should have been known.

I would assume that they knew of this.

Klixxer

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2004

Not to bright, are ya?

Well if you're crazy enough to get deported from Saudi Arabia then it should have been known.

I would assume that they knew of this.

Can't win, don't accept him and you are racists, accept him and you are stupid.

Most refugees from the middle east are let into europe, but i REALLY doubt he made a declaration of fanaticism when he applied for entrance.

One could, of course just shut out ALL immigrants from ALL countries and deport citizens who are fundies but i think the world would look down upon that.

You never know who will be the nutjob until he tells you or shows you that he is.

Aug 14, 2001
Can't win, don't accept him and you are racists, accept him and you are stupid.

Most refugees from the middle east are let into europe, but i REALLY doubt he made a declaration of fanaticism when he applied for entrance.

One could, of course just shut out ALL immigrants from ALL countries and deport citizens who are fundies but i think the world would look down upon that.

You never know who will be the nutjob until he tells you or shows you that he is.

I don't think anyone will call a country racist if they reject one person.

He was deported from Saudi Arabia. I wonder how the deportation process is done. One would assume they would know that the man was being deported from Saudi Arabia. Anyways, they did apparently recently give him an additional 5 years that is now under review. So it is most likely that they did know who he was, but perhaps they didn't know he would become so idiotic.

raildogg

Lifer
Aug 24, 2004
The muslim Imams in Britain have made so many of these remarks. Heck a huge portion of the muslim pop. in the UK is anti western, extremists.

A cousin of mine who recently visited England said he saw muslims everywhere, with their traditional garb. Women with the burkhas, men with the traditional clothes (dont know the name of it)

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: Moonbeam

Some become insane because they loose their sanity and reprogram their minds with ideas that do not belong there, they are called fundamentalists.

I am not so sure it must come from pain, rather a lack of cause in the world, not everyone finds their place and finds it to be a place they can accept.

I have a fondness for science and the elegant argument that explains all in some simple and beautiful way. Your explanation leaves me wondering how a mind could arrive at a lack of cause or not find its place. I wonder too what causes a mind to accept or not accept. To my mind the notion of buried pain as an explanation for hate is profoundly elegant. It is an argument with which I also have personal insight so I'm sticking with mine. :D