Isabel overturned two trees in my backyard

Broohaha

Banned
Jan 4, 2001
My parents just filled me in. In addition to having to stay with friends in a different county because power has been out since the storm hit, two fairly large (not enormous but bigger than saplings... they've been there for about 12 years I'd say) trees got uprooted. They were real nice too, kind of sucks.

Now I'll never be able to build that treehouse :brokenheart:

Apparently our backyard is a scene of mass destruction. I would post pics but I'm away at college.

ohtwell

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
That sucks! Thankfully no one in your family was hurt when they fell!

: ) Amanda

Broohaha

Banned
Jan 4, 2001
Originally posted by: ohtwell
That sucks! Thankfully no one in your family was hurt when they fell! : ) Amanda

family hurt? oh... yeah, yeah, nobody was hurt.... actually i didnt even think to ask about that ;)

Azraele

Elite Member
Nov 5, 2000
Isabel flooded our basement. We have pics, but they're not online yet. The fire dept. pumped it out for us after we got tired of trying to bail it out with a bucket. Today is the first day we've had power back too. :)

Azraele

Elite Member
Nov 5, 2000
Got the pic online if anyone is interested.

Water level came all the way up the steps, and was still seeping up through the floor after it had been pumped out.

Link.

Here's the stove we built to cook on.

EvilYoda

Lifer
Apr 1, 2001
Damn, that looks like some nasty ass water. :)

Sorry to hear about the trees, Broohaha...but they're just trees, not people :p

no0b

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2001
Thats a massive spider in the first pic. Sorry about all the water is the house okay or do you need to tear it down?

ohtwell

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
Glad that you and your family are alright Az! Sorry about your house though.

: ) Amanda

Azraele

Elite Member
Nov 5, 2000
That wasn't a spider, that was a camel back cricket.

And yes, the water was kinda nasty, but at least it's gone now. And even better, the hot water heater survived that flood. :)

House is ok, We have a piece of roof loose by the sound of it, but can't see anything. Have to get somebody topside to get a closer look.