Is Yu-Gi-Oh! a dubbed Japanese series much like Pokemon??

Hoeboy

Banned
Apr 20, 2000
I'll have to admit this show is very entertaining. I'm sadly trying to find and d/l episodes of it on newsgroups but am not sure where to look. Is it considered Japanese anime?

guyver01

Lifer
Sep 25, 2000
Originally posted by: Hoeboy
lupohki, you want to die??? This show is the bomb! :)

i have to agree.... Dragonball Z and YuGiOh r0x0r!!!

I have almost all of DBZ in sub format... now i'm working on Yugi...

Hoeboy

Banned
Apr 20, 2000
how many episodes are there of yugi? there's a bunch on kazaa but d/l is ohhh so slowwwww....

MournSanity

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2002
YuGiOh is cool. Unlike Pokemon(Yea I used to play the games, they were pretty fun), this show actually has a plot.

The card game is pretty fun.

dc

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 1999
yugioh is fun to watch.

i want the original japanese version, it's cooler, he goes around killing the badguys, atleast in the manga he does. :)

guyver01, any channel on irc have yugioh subbed?

guyver01

Lifer
Sep 25, 2000
Originally posted by: dc
guyver01, any channel on irc have yugioh subbed?

not that i've been able to find yet :(

at least Funi is coming out with Yugi DVDs... mebbe they'll be Subbed/Dubbed, like the DBZ dvds...

StevenYoo

Diamond Member
Jul 4, 2001
Yu Gi Oh is kind of cool, but the American voice acting is ABSO-FREAKING-LUTELY HORRENDOUS!

Who agrees with me whole-heartedly on this point?

per ejemplo, tato eba, for example, e.g. a conversation may go something like this (all caps are intended):

Random evil dude: HAHAHAHAHAHAH! YOU HAVE MADE A MISTAKE! YOUR DARK SORCERER CANNOT COMPETE WITH MY GEODUDE (whatever) WHEN I USE THIS RANDOM MAGIC:THE GATHERING CARD I FOUND UNDER MY POGS IN CONJUNCTION WITH MY ZOMBIE BLUE-EARED FOUR LEGGED SPONGE!

Yugi: OH? WELL I PUT MY CARD... FACE DOWN *thunder*

Yugi's posse: WHOA! YUGI PUT HIS CARD FACE DOWN! NOW HE CAN UTILIZE THE KAMEHAMEHA TECHNIQUE HE LEARNED FROM TRINI, THE YELLOW RANGER!

rolleye.gif

Don't get me wrong, guys, I'm an anime WHORE, but I just can't abide bad dubbing jobs...

Subtitles all the way!

SSP

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Thats a sorry excuse for an anime. I don't know how you can watch that crap.

Anyway, I shouldn't be encouraging trading of crappy ass anime, but.... try Here. :)

dc

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 1999
haha, the dub is bad in a haha way. so bad that it's funny. :)

me want subs, the dvds BETTER have subs or else...

yugioh gets crazier in later seasons, i've seen some clips and stuff. lol, weeeeee. =)

MournSanity

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2002

Random evil dude: HAHAHAHAHAHAH! YOU HAVE MADE A MISTAKE! YOUR DARK SORCERER CANNOT COMPETE WITH MY GEODUDE (whatever) WHEN I USE THIS RANDOM MAGIC:THE GATHERING CARD I FOUND UNDER MY POGS IN CONJUNCTION WITH MY ZOMBIE BLUE-EARED FOUR LEGGED SPONGE!

Yugi's posse: WHOA! YUGI PUT HIS CARD FACE DOWN! NOW HE CAN UTILIZE THE KAMEHAMEHA TECHNIQUE HE LEARNED FROM TRINI, THE YELLOW RANGER!

ROFL!

Yea, the voice acting is pretty horrible. I really want to read the japanese manga of it. It seems really cool.

Legendary

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2002
Originally posted by: GuybrushThreepwood
Yu Gi Oh is kind of cool, but the American voice acting is ABSO-FREAKING-LUTELY HORRENDOUS!

Who agrees with me whole-heartedly on this point?

per ejemplo, tato eba, for example, e.g. a conversation may go something like this (all caps are intended):

rolleye.gif

Don't get me wrong, guys, I'm an anime WHORE, but I just can't abide bad dubbing jobs...

Subtitles all the way!

BAHAHAHA LOL ROFL my goodness that was amazing. :D