Is your intelligence a blessing or a curse?

bandXtrb

Banned
May 27, 2001
Does your intelligence make your life better, or does it make it worse, in your opinion?

Does you feel bored by "simple" activities that would be entertaining to the general populace? Do you scoff at them and dismiss them as "plebian"? Do you not enjoy the same things as your friends because you are mentally superior? Do you feel that you have more intellectual responsibility to examine issues (philospohical, political, etc) more closely because of your intelligence, and thus create more work for yourself? Do you feel inclined to pursue a career in a mentally challenging field (science, math, engineering) because of your perceived intelligence when you would be happy with a more typical line of work?

Or has it added to your life? Has it helped you understand life better? Has it brought you money, success, respect? Perhaps even happiness?

Scouzer

Lifer
Jun 3, 2001
I like it better because I can speak English to other english blondes, yet they don't know what the hell I'm talking about because the vocabulary is so over their head :D

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com

<< Does your intelligence make your life better, or does it make it worse, in your opinion?

Does you feel bored by "simple" activities that would be entertaining to the general populace? Do you scoff at them and dismiss them as "plebian"? Do you not enjoy the same things as your friends because you are mentally superior? Do you feel that you have more intellectual responsibility to examine issues (philospohical, political, etc) more closely because of your intelligence, and thus create more work for yourself? Do you feel inclined to pursue a career in a mentally challenging field (science, math, engineering) because of your perceived intelligence when you would be happy with a more typical line of work?

Or has it added to your life? Has it helped you understand life better? Has it brought you money, success? Perhaps even happiness?
>>

Huh???

wnied

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
I decline to answer on the grounds that it may incriminate me.

~wnied~

BornStar

Diamond Member
Oct 30, 2001
I don't feel that it changed me all that much. This is the only one that hit home:

<< Do you feel inclined to pursue a career in a mentally challenging field (science, math, engineering) because of your perceived intelligence when you would be happy with a more typical line of work? >>

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
This is a really bad question. Unless you are asking the fictional character "Charlie" no one can honestly answer this question. How can they know if it's better or worse if they've never known anything different?

It's all subjective.

alrocky

Golden Member
Jan 22, 2001

<< I like it better because I can speak English to other english blondes, yet they don't know what the hell I'm talking about because the vocabulary is so over their head :D >>

I thinks Scouzer misunderstands the concept regarding blondes: the idea is not to go over their heads but to get in...