Is war with Iran next?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Sleepyjoe

Jan 27, 2004
Originally posted by: kage69
Both countries know that if the bombs hadn't been dropped, the outcome would have been worse.

I respect that argument, yes thats a possiblity. It's just that sometimes, I think that it might have had the same effect if they would have detonated the bomb in the sea, or just bombed one city.

I really don't want to get into the the whole Japan thing though. It has been discussed at a point where people like us will probably never find new approaches to that dilema. Now to think that it was the only possible solution (Bombing two largely populated cities), I seriously doubt that the Japanese agree with that.

MegaWorks

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2004
Exactly, you can argue tit for tat all you want, but it comes down to this: nukes don't mix well with fundamental theocracies, or madmen. It's that simple. All the "well we have them, they should be allowed to too!" types are just illustrating their naivete'.

buddy you guys use nukes before againts japan, tell any other country who use them before please tell me who?
The reason why your gov. is so worried about Iran having a nuclear weapons because in history no one had the guts to attack or invade a nuclear country its so simple to understand.

edit: Nuclear countries gets more stable after posessing nukes, no one can't tell them what to do example the US, Soviet Union(Russia), China, France and UK all of these countries are not only strong in military but in many others things like economy, science, industry etc. Iran or any other countries need these weapons to survive this world were the strong rules it all. What I'm trying to say is that if everyone has nukes the world will become a safer place because you can't use a weapon that your enemy has it in his arsenal, same effect on both sides if nuclear weapons are used.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
buddy you guys use nukes before againts japan, tell any other country who use them before please tell me who?
The reason why your gov. is so worried about Iran having a nuclear weapons because in history no one had the guts to attack or invade a nuclear country its so simple to understand

Hey buddy, if you want to come into an English forum and sound informed, best have the necessary writing skills first, eh? Even though it's hard to understand what exactly your tryint to say, I'll indulge you.

No other country besides the US has EVER used nuclear arms in a conflict. Yeah? And? This is immaterial.

If you think simply having a couple nukes suddenly makes you the equal of the US, you are hopelessly stupid. Iran cannot invade the US. Even with a successful nuclear strike on the US, Iran's lifespan would be measured in days, maybe hours, as the US maintains a very capable global force.
As rule, we'd prefer goverments who use terrorism not to get a hold on nuclear weapons. Something tells me if you can hardly write, you probably aren't aware of Tehran's previous little boo boo, that being detonating the world's most power non-nuclear bomb next to our Marine barracks in Beirut. I'll let you try to connect the dots.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
What I'm trying to say is that if everyone has nukes the world will become a safer place because you can't use a weapon that your enemy has it in his arsenal, same effect on both sides if nuclear weapons are used.

Sorry, but organized terrorism kinda changes your little Mutually-Assured-Destruction utopia. Try again.

MegaWorks

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2004
The reason why your gov. is so worried about Iran having a nuclear weapons because in history no one had the guts to attack or invade a nuclear country its so simple to understand

Hey buddy, if you want to come into an English forum and sound informed, best have the necessary writing skills first, eh? Even though it's hard to understand what exactly your tryint to say, I'll indulge you.

No other country besides the US has EVER used nuclear arms in a conflict. Yeah? And? This is immaterial.

If you think simply having a couple nukes suddenly makes you the equal of the US, you are hopelessly stupid. Iran cannot invade the US. Even with a successful nuclear strike on the US, Iran's lifespan would be measured in days, maybe hours, as the US maintains a very capable global force.
As rule, we'd prefer goverments who use terrorism not to get a hold on nuclear weapons. Something tells me if you can hardly write, you probably aren't aware of Tehran's previous little boo boo, that being detonating the world's most power non-nuclear bomb next to our Marine barracks in Beirut. I'll let you try to connect the dots.

I would like to see the US invade Iran, you really think Iran is so easy to take over do you, and what in the world were the Marines doing in Beirut plz don't say maintaining peace beacause I'm gonna laught, oh yes who made you guys world police?

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
I would like to see the US invade Iran, you really think Iran is so easy to take over do you, and what in the world were the Marines doing in Beirut plz don't say maintaining peace beacause I'm gonna laught, oh yes who made you guys world police?

Have you even read my earlier posts at all?!? Please feel free to qoute where I said I thought Iran is easy to take over. Are you like, only 11 or something? Typical. Can't form an intelligent argument, so better detract to something irrelevent. It seems the Beirut bombing is indeed news to you - you come into a political thread about Iran, expect to be taken seriously, and it turns out the worst instance of state-sponsored terrorism in history is complete news.

*points to the door* GET THE HELL OUT. Come back when you've finished High School (at least).

MegaWorks

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2004

you call me stupid, I think your the real dumbass do you have any idea what one nuclear warhead can do to your country lets say 3MT warhead. Imaging the Satan missile code name SS-18 hits the eastern side of the US, this missile carries 8-10 warhead each head has from 0.8 to 1.3 MT of Nuclear power. It takes one or maybe 6 missiles to erase your country from the map not 10000 missiles. The SS-18 can also carry one 20MT warhead you're telling me to read you read moron world nukes

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Voted "Maybe", but "No" for practical purposes is my opinion. "Maybe", because the Bush admin would probably want to. "No", because Iraq has their hands full.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
you call me stupid, I think your the real dumbass do you have any idea what one nuclear warhead can do to your country lets say 3MT warhead. Imaging the Satan missile code name SS-18 hits the eastern side of the US, this missile carries 8-10 warhead each head has from 0.8 to 1.3 MT of Nuclear power. It takes one or maybe 6 missiles to erase your country from the map not 10000 missiles. The SS-18 can also carry one 20MT warhead you're telling me to read you read moron world nukes

Yet more irrelevent crap. Are you trying to prove some distant point, or are you just fixated on making yourself look like an ignorant brat?