Discussion is trumps power collapsing?

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
Well, it's that and pursuing policies that are unlikely to survive close scrutiny. Like his "emergency" wall order, for example. Not only is it likely to lose in court, he even admitted it wasn't an emergency. It's an absolute waste of time by a President who still doesn't know how the job works two years after taking it.

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Well I have little confidence that he has capacity to draft executive orders, for example. To leverage his presidential power, he does seem dependent on those who have the knowledge and inclination to put his words into action.

That doesn't comfort me much. While I find much of Trump's agenda damaging and scary in operation, the worst of it is the rhetoric and effect it has on Americans and foreign adversaries. Other than that, he's done tremendous damage through judicial appointment and instillation of slime like Pruitt to administrative office. These guys might not follow Trump's orders, but they have their own nefarious agendas they are perfectly willing and capable of executing independently.