Is Trump afraid of Ron DeSantis?

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
I'm not a fan of Ron DeSantis, but I think that Trump would have a very difficult time competing against Ron if they both vie for the Republican nomination for POTUS. DeSantis has a lot going for him, and seems to be very popular in Flordia.

What are your thoughts? Is Trump afraid of DeSantis.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
All Trump has to do is scream into a mic: DONT VOTE FOR RON
And 20% of the R base will stay at home.
Game Over.

So they will have to pay him off, to deliver the base to DeSantis ... I would have thought they settled on a price by now though, midterms and all. Meh.

Stokely

Golden Member
Jun 5, 2017
If I had to bet--and I won't!--it's that Trump will be elected with Ron winning the next one(s). Desantis is *almost* as shitty as Trump but the difference will tell with GOP voters. He's smarter and more likely to get things done, which sucks IMO as I oppose just about everything he does and says. Going to be a rough 12 years ahead potentially. If the Democrats could plug in another younger candidate who can do a good speech--ie, Obama--this would be a good time for it.

And certainly I'll vote against either of them but objectively I think it's very likely for Trump to be back in for 2024.

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
I'm going to die laughing if Deathsantis wins the nomination and then Trump calls the primaries fixed and torpedoes him in the general with a third party run.
This is the second best potential scenario.

Best is Dems maintain house and pick up 2 senate seats to abolish filibuster and get things done and easy Dem 2024 win.

Worst, Dems lose both house and senate and GOP and they put up insane bills forcing Biden to veto everything and voters blame Dems for not doing anything in next 2 years.

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
Would him attempting to flee from an arrest warrant, warrant the use to jet fighters to shoot down his plane?
No. Not unless they thought he was taking state secrets to an enemy nation. Oh, wait... :laughing:

I think it'd have to be extreme circumstances for someone in charge to give that order, tbh. I don't know of any charges/indictments that would warrant and justify that reaction. They'd just issue a warrant for him, and wait for him to step foot here again. I assume you meant flee the country.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
No. Not unless they thought he was taking state secrets to an enemy nation. Oh, wait... :laughing:

I think it'd have to be extreme circumstances for someone in charge to give that order, tbh. I don't know of any charges/indictments that would warrant and justify that reaction. They'd just issue a warrant for him, and wait for him to step foot here again. I assume you meant flee the country.
Kushner already got paid $2B from the Saudis for intelligence stolen by Trump. No need to fly tangible files anywhere.

Lezunto

Golden Member
Oct 24, 2020
Trump's ego will not allow him to turn tail and run. He believes he is the Messiah and will stand up to DeSantis.

Of course, it is possible that Trump's health goes bad.

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
I think that a lot of the talk about DeSantis winning a primary has some issues like he apparently short circuits in situations where some very predictable questions get asked of him. It would probably not be difficult for somebody like Trump to utterly humiliate him in similar circumstances.

Yeah, he's a very cloistered snowflake. He doesn't often have to respond to non-fawning atmospheres and it shows. Dude can't think on his feet outside of talking points and insults. Someone like Mayor Pete would fucking demolish him.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Trump didn’t rehab his jet for no reason. Either he’s planning on skipping the country or he’s running for 24.

I don't think him having his plane rehabed equals him skipping the country or running for President. Maybe he just wanted his plane operational again. Maybe he is getting it ready to sell.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
I don't think him having his plane rehabed equals him skipping the country or running for President. Maybe he just wanted his plane operational again. Maybe he is getting it ready to sell.
I’m guessing we’ll see who’s right in a few weeks.

Reactions: pcgeek11

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
Any links about that? Aviation interested…

TIA
No, but at the Texas rally this past weekend he buzzed the crowd in it before he landed. That’s my reasoning for him to be getting ready to announce. I also guess he’s waiting to see how many trump sympathizers SoS’s in critical states get elected first.

Amol S.

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2015
If I had to bet--and I won't!--it's that Trump will be elected with Ron winning the next one(s). Desantis is *almost* as shitty as Trump but the difference will tell with GOP voters. He's smarter and more likely to get things done, which sucks IMO as I oppose just about everything he does and says. Going to be a rough 12 years ahead potentially. If the Democrats could plug in another younger candidate who can do a good speech--ie, Obama--this would be a good time for it.

And certainly I'll vote against either of them but objectively I think it's very likely for Trump to be back in for 2024.

Or... I wonder what is the likelihood of Sonunu to switch to D and run for pres.

Amol S.

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2015
Trump didn’t rehab his jet for no reason. Either he’s planning on skipping the country or he’s running for 24.
I wonder if DeSantis and Donald are planning to transport something to the North East again, but this time in a much using much larger aircraft like Trump's Boeing 757.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
The worst thing about Trump is what a horrible human being he is and how he has such a following among tens of millions of other horrible humans in the GQP. The one good thing about Trump is he has the potential to implode the republican party.

That's the only good thing about him. And he wouldn't do it for any good reason except being a fucking insane psychopath narcissist. But if that's what it takes to blow up the sociopathic Republican party so be it

Reactions: Pohemi

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Frankly, Donald Trump is above "running" for president. Only losers "run" for president. Donald Trump believes the presidency should be handed to him or more so should be his for the taking whenever Trump decides to "take it".
Remember, Trump still believes he has been the legit president all along. His base believes this and the Q's believe this, and they got that from Donald Trump himself.

If someone "steals" your car, it is still your car, right? Even though someone else is driving your car, it is still you car. Well, this is how Trump feels about the presidency.
So I assume after the midterms and certainly after republicans take back the congress, Donald Trump will simply announce he wants his car back, err... I mean he wants his presidency back. Vroom Vroom. And do not be surprised people, that should republicans take back the house and senate, republicans will then take action to reinstate Donald Trump as president WITHOUT the necessity of elections and all that campaigning crap.
WHY do you think republicans have stated many times their first act when back in control will be to impeach Joe Biden? Why? Because, they need Biden impeached and removed in order to reinstate Donald Trump.

We could be in for a rocky ride, folks. A rocky ride like we have never seen.
If and when republicans impeach Joe Biden, they will in fact succeed, unlike when democrats tried to impeach Donald Trump and failed. Republicans are hell bent on fully and thoroughly impeaching Joe Biden, I mean like really doing it this time, complete with actually removing Joe Biden office.
Just look at these new Trump blessed republican candidates that will be in charge of the house and the senate. Believe me, they will impeach Biden and remove Biden from office.

Will America be shocked? Well, 50% will be. The half that would never vote for Donald Trump blessed candidates. Yeah, half of America will feel like the sky has fallen in. But that is nothing.... Just wait for the second part, the part when republicans in congress reinstate Donald Trump as president. No need to worry about Ron DeSantis because there will be no primaries or challengers to deal with. In fact, there will be no 2024 presidential election or need for one. Only a midterm-like process where the presidency is not involved.
Get ready for it people. All hell is about to break lose should republicans succeed come November 8th.

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
I wonder if DeSantis and Donald are planning to transport something to the North East again, but this time in a much using much larger aircraft like Trump's Boeing 757.
Do you think Donald would ever consider filling his own personal jumbo jet with dirty brown immigrants? LOL. I don't.
All hell is about to break lose should republicans succeed come November 8th.
Perhaps, but not likely in the manner of this rant of yours. :rolleyes:

Reactions: nakedfrog