Is this something that I should go to the dentist about?

Schadenfroh

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2003
Situation:

My car's trunk's hydrolics failed and slammed down on my head when I was getting.. something.. out of my trunk. My head was not hurt that bad, but a small portion of my tooth (less than a mm) chipped off from the impact with the car, you can see (just barely and you have to look carefully) the spot that is missing and I can feel the chip with my tongue, but it does not hurt at all and it did not pierce the quick.

Is it going to get infected or something because some of the enamel has been chipped off?

KLin

Lifer
Feb 29, 2000
Originally posted by: Schadenfroh
Situation:

My car's trunk's hydrolics failed and slammed down on my head when I was getting.. something.. out of my trunk. My head was not hurt that bad, but a small portion of my tooth (less than a mm) chipped off from the impact with the car, you can see (just barely and you have to look carefully) the spot that is missing and I can feel the chip with my tongue, but it does not hurt at all and it did not pierce the quick.

Is it going to get infected or something because some of the enamel has been chipped off?

Why the emphasis there?

Jun 27, 2005
Originally posted by: KLin
Situation:

Why the emphasis there?

He probably doesn't want to admit he was in the process of disposing PAB's body.

Midlander

Platinum Member
Dec 21, 2002
Your dentist will probably just smooth it out. Still, if it needs something more, you ought to know. Give him/her a quick call. :beer:

BrownTown

Diamond Member
Dec 1, 2005
denstists are evil, if you go in they will want to drill holw in your teeth just for the hell of it.

gsethi

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2002
if it is just your teeth that is chipped, its ok then.

I had one of my front teeth broke ~1/4th when I was ~12. Got some stitches inside my mouth due to the fall but never cared to go to a dentist to get my teeth fixed. Now, a decade later, that front teeth is still broken but does not affect anything.

I say to myself that someday I will go and get it capped but that day has not come yet.

Kirby

Lifer
Apr 10, 2006
If you're anything like me, you'll rub your tongue on it and it'll get irritated like a mofo.

chrisms

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2003
Situation:

Something, eh? After 25,000 posts I think you just know how to get a rise out of people here...

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
Don't discount the services of a proctologist, who can address any possible problem from the other end. Many of the best are 'hole-istic' in their approach. And, if you're low on money, there are many eager amateur ones listed in the back pages of rude magazines.

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
Missing enamel could lead to a cavity. There might even be a crack you can't see that is cheap to fix now but turns into a crown or abcess / root canal later.

You probably don't need an emergency appointment but getting it looked at in the next month is a good idea.

SonnyDaze

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2004
Situation:

I thought only dogs had quicks in their toenails? :confused: