Question Is this Ryzen 9 on Newegg the 3900XT ? Is Matisse another name for the XT refresh?

Pumice

Jan 17, 2011
On Newegg there is a Ryzen 9 3900X for $424.99 , but there is also a Ryzen 9 3900X Matisse for $525.99

Is the Matisse the XT refresh ? Would the box for the 3900XT says "XT" on the box or CPU? How can you visibly tell the 3900X apart from the 3900XT?

MrTeal

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2003
Matisse is the code name of the chip itself, the actual product is the 3900X. All those listings are the same product, the cheaper one is just sold by Newegg itself and the other listings are from third party sellers.

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
That is the exact same CPU. The first result is sold by Newegg (and several other sellers).

The other result was created by two questionable sellers, and it looks like for whatever reason they added "Matisse" to the title of the item. They likely did it to trick buyers into thinking it's the refresh, and therefore to get someone to pay more it.

If you look at the details of both CPUs under the description, they both list the same part number along with the same core name.

Pumice

Jan 17, 2011
That is the exact same CPU. The first result is sold by Newegg (and several other sellers).

The other result was created by two questionable sellers, and it looks like for whatever reason they added "Matisse" to the title of the item. They likely did it to trick buyers into thinking it's the refresh, and therefore to get someone to pay more it.

If you look at the details of both CPUs under the description, they both list the same part number along with the same core name.

Thanks for the Heads up. I mistakenly thought it was the new refresh since I read somewhere the XT is called Matisse, but when I looked at the specs they are identical to the $424.99 3900X so I was confused.

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
Thanks for the Heads up. I mistakenly thought it was the new refresh since I read somewhere the XT is called Matisse, but when I looked at the specs they are identical to the $424.99 3900X so I was confused.
AMD should announce something soon, and the usually places like Newegg should list the item as a pre-order. Based on leaks, the three refresh CPUs should all end with XT, so in your case the 3900XT.

I personally wouldn't order from most of Newegg's 3rd party sellers because many have very bad ratings. I'd also wait to get it directly from Newegg, Amazon, BH Photo, Walmart, Best Buy, etc.

Rigg

May 6, 2020
The 1 year anniversary of the OG zen 2 release is 7/7/20. I expect the XT refresh will be available for purchase on that date. That would line up well with a 6/16 announcement.

DrMrLordX

Lifer
Apr 27, 2000
The 1 year anniversary of the OG zen 2 release is 7/7/20. I expect the XT refresh will be available for purchase on that date. That would line up well with a 6/16 announcement.

Ehhhhh AMD is already coming out of left field with Matisse refresh. Assuming Vermeer launches in October (don't disappoint me, AMD), putting Matisse refresh on sale in July seems kinda stupid. Yes, only two Vermeer SKUs come out in October - the 12c and 16c parts. The rest comes in Nov/Dec. Still, seems kinda dumb.

mopardude87

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2018
Ehhhhh AMD is already coming out of left field with Matisse refresh. Assuming Vermeer launches in October (don't disappoint me, AMD), putting Matisse refresh on sale in July seems kinda stupid. Yes, only two Vermeer SKUs come out in October - the 12c and 16c parts. The rest comes in Nov/Dec. Still, seems kinda dumb.

I got a very strong feeling we will have some goodies in October for sure, maybe a bit closer to November. Works for me as i need to save up the funds, i could get the best nvidia option that is $1,500 or less assuming its worth it then whatever top end 16c is out at that time.

Then i could go back to my other hobbies for a few years, give computers a break spending cash wise lol.