Is this normal?

Francodman

Diamond Member
Dec 11, 1999
Ok, to start off, i just went to an amusemant park, and being a weekday, it was pretty much empty, so i got the chance to go on each ride multiple times. Well, i went on about 4 rides that endured many revolutions and 2 rides w/ inverted loops. Right now, it feels slightly like being inverted or doing continuous revolutions. WTF is up w/ that? And no, i'm not under the influence of anything, i just feel really weird!

Franco.

Aquaman

Lifer
Dec 17, 1999
Never had that feeling before but if it continues go see your doctor.

Cheers,
Aquaman

ltk007

Banned
Feb 24, 2000
I don't know. I never felt that way. I never felt weird after multiple rides and stuff (except once I couldn't stop coughing cause of the air and I almost killed myself). Its probably just an effect of the rides and you should be fine.

BD2003

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Thats happened to me before after a wild day at six flags...it still feels like youre on a ride even though theyre long done with...itll be fine in the morning though...

Farbio

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2000
francodman,
i've never had it happen from an amusement park, but when i used to go boating for a whole weekend or for a week at a time, after being on a boat and sleeping on it and all for extended days, standing on dry land, u still feel like you're rocking, even though you're sitting/standing still.
it comes from your body adjusting to the rides to make yourself not sick on them through your equilibrium in your inner ear. the fluid in them shifts itself to compensate, and each person is different obviously, but how fast it does this depends, and how soon it goes back depends as well on the person. usually fast and hard trauma's don't do things like that, but the feeling u experience when u get off a ride like that of dizziness is attributed to the inner ear as well - haversian canals if i remember correctly from physiology. you should wake up in the morning feeling fine, having let your ears lie flat for a few hours should fix it all up.
hope this helps

nickdakick

Platinum Member
Jun 27, 2000
francodman
Posting this question on an anandtech-forum is IMO NOT normal. Go see your doc or ask someone in your neighborhood.

Francodman

Diamond Member
Dec 11, 1999
Heh, it was too late to go to a doctor! BigDee was right tho, i felt better in the morning.