Is this Legal?

hubbs

Platinum Member
Mar 26, 2000
My History teacher is making me research nymphomaniac. I called someone that and now he's making me do a 3 page report on it. I just typed it in and I found out info I didn't need to know and has scarred my brain permantely is this legal to make a kid research this?

bigvince

Banned
Aug 25, 2000
you have wa'ped my wittle mind

seriously how old are you that you cant talk about nymphomania?

Capn

Platinum Member
Jun 27, 2000
If you have a student's rights handbook I'd read it. Maybe there's something in there about assignments being used as a penalty. Otherwise you're SOL.

Aceman

Banned
Oct 9, 1999
Hubbs,
Why don't you just do some up close and personal research with the girl you referred to as a nymphomaniac? That oughta extend out the report to 3 pages of dry reading.

Frenchie

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 22, 1999
Do the report, stop calling people names, and stop whining!!!!!!!

P.S. If the Nympho was an attractive girl, why not interview her for the report......

Wangel

Banned
Mar 30, 2000
I would have loved to do a report on this. Heck, I studied this in many books on my own and didn't get any school credit for it. I did meet one girl who I noticed was also checking out books on nymphomania. WHAT A GREAT SUMMER IT WAS!!!!!!!!!

piku

Diamond Member
May 30, 2000
If learning about nymphomaniac's scars you for life then you are probably batting for the wrong team ;)

wangel - hmmm... you gave me an idea :p

hubbs

Platinum Member
Mar 26, 2000
I'm joking here about scarring my life but I just dont' want to do the report. For dumb what a stupid punishment. And making kids look this up is probably not a good idea. I'm sure someone's parents would get mad when their kid came home and said they have to study about sex addicts.

Ranger X

Lifer
Mar 18, 2000
hubbs, I get the feeling that your teacher wants to learn from your report. I bet he is interested in what your report has to say.

Engine

Oct 11, 1999
Hehe... it sounds like a great punishment to me. Is your teacher going to make you stand up in front of the class and read the report out loud, too? :p

We had to do an 'persuasive' speech once for a speech class I took in college. I spoke about the benefits of eating plenty of fiber, just so I had an excuse to say 'poop' in my speech :)

ChrichtonsGirl

Platinum Member
Aug 24, 2000
I thought all guys under the age of 18 were nymphomaniacs. I'd think you already had a great deal of knowledge on it (you have hit puberty, haven't you?). Take Engine's advice, you'll get to use the words penis and vagina a lot which should be fun anyway. ;)

Be glad you weren't asked to do a report on necrophilia.

huey1124

Golden Member
Sep 19, 2000

hey guys, sympathize with hubbs, don't be harsh with him. if i'm correct, i think hubbs is only 13 years old, and a very innocent one at that. would you be happy as a parent if your innocent 13 year old child had to type that word on the internet, and got shocking results?

Soybomb

Diamond Member
Jun 30, 2000
Legal......probably I guess. Just mention in passing to your parents that you &quot;need to go look up some info on nymphomania for a report&quot; and maybe you'll get out of it though :)