is this a scam

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

RESmonkey

Diamond Member
May 6, 2007
So, like, is there a script that replys to CL ads like this, or does some dumbass just sit at home constantly doing this? I always get a few of these.

Krazy4Real

Lifer
Oct 3, 2003
Wow. I never saw this scam before. Good to know. Regardless, the email looked shady to begin with.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
i mail you a normal momey order via my United States Postal Service (USPS) account since they offer protection between the seller and buyer inorder not to get ripped off. This order will arrive at your residence OR mail box. Right after payment has been received, i can then go ahead and make arrangement on how to get the unit shipped directly to my Son using company's fedex account # so it can be charged.

when they go into explaining how something like this works, its a scam.

Jhill

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2001
When she starts giving you the run around Tell her you have to format it first because you work for the FBI and investigate internet fraud. The FBI is buying everone new laptops because the problem is so big.

Venix

Golden Member
Aug 22, 2002
This woman works at an ORPHANAGE helping UNWANTED CHILDREN, and she will even meet you IN PERSON and pay CASH if you fly to Alaska. Yet you question her HONESTY and INTEGRITY. SHAME on you.