Is this a nuclear testing site?

irishScott

Lifer
Oct 10, 2006
Originally posted by: AnitaPeterson
http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q...,0.07184&t=k&z=14&om=1

I was looking at some pictures of a nearby area :) , and I came across these circular marks, which drew my attention. The lines around them should be roads....

Would you say these are blast areas?

Could be, but keep in mind that above ground nuclear weapons tests don't happen in the US anymore. The tests are conducted deep underground, and the most we'd see on the surface is a small sinkhole. Could produce something like that, but I'm no expert in this area either.

zerocool1

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2002
femaven.blogspot.com
Originally posted by: BrunoPuntzJones
Probably particle coliders

IIRC particle colliders are giant rings that are usually buried like at fermi labs. I think the OP is talking about the craters

EDIT: they could be testing munitions but i doubt it'd be nuclear

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
I'd call them blast areas for sure.

And sure, they could all be nukes. But probably a combination.

everman

Lifer
Nov 5, 2002
All of the UFOs have cloaking mechanisms on, but they still kinda make depressions into the ground.

D

Deleted member 4644

We haven't done ANY nuke tests for a generation. Those could be the remains of old nuke blasts, but they are pretty small, and more likely they are conventional blasts. The largest hole is a few hundred feet across, and could be a nuke.

EDIT: They are nuke craters

"Along the way down that road, notice how there is absolutely no wildlife other than grasshoppers, that the Joshua trees suddenly turn to an enormous size and monstrous shape, and that the few cattle grazing around don't seem like any cattle you've seen before. Then notice those blasted-out craters in the earth, with the core sample holes in the center. When you realize you are looking at nuclear test sites, the desolation and mutations suddenly make sense. Wave hi at the guys in the military vehicles who are making damn sure you don't go through that gate, and hightail it out of there."

http://travel.latimes.com/dest...encounter-with-area-51

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
It's the Nevada Test Site.

Several hundred nuclear weapons were tested there over the years.

AnitaPeterson

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2001
wow!

that place must've be the closest thing to "hell" one may have ever visited... both nowadays and during its peak activity times...