Is this a good Q6600 Based System?

relia85

Jul 23, 2007
I don't see any memory, was that your intention?

Also, the graphics card is out of stock.

Markfw

Moderator Emeritus, Elite Member
May 16, 2002
I would get the Antec 900, cools way better, and you need that (if you are going to OC) also, no aftermarket HSF if you are going to OC, and you have the case listed twice.

LightningRider

Feb 16, 2007
Looks good. Maybe you should spring for the 8800GTX, the motherboard seems really expensive. Do you really need that expensive of one? What about getting something a little cheaper (but don't skimp on quality) with less features and getting a better video card?

Just a suggestion.

jonnio

Jul 23, 2007
It deleted my memory...thanks for noticing that. Also, I just figured I would let them ship the video card tomorrow when it is due back in stock

Yeah, you caught me editing it (the two cases) I found the black one has a big mail in rebate.

jonnio

Jul 23, 2007
Originally posted by: LightningRider
Looks good. Maybe you should spring for the 8800GTX, the motherboard seems really expensive. Do you really need that expensive of one? What about getting something a little cheaper (but don't skimp on quality) with less features and getting a better video card?

Just a suggestion.

I was also looking at the Asus, but I think for firewire and e-sata it is about the same price.

nullpointerus

Golden Member
Apr 17, 2003
Two NewEgg reviews said the PSU is loud--maybe you should consider a different one. I have one of the GameXStream series (same company, similar look, but different series), and it's rather quiet. Asking in the PSU forum might give you some better recommendations along those lines--I'm not expert.

Tboy012

Jun 18, 2007
if you dont need the firewire just op out for the DS3R model, and im guessing you already ordered the graphics card?

between the cases, i guess ill go for the 900 case since i have it myself.. although it does feel a bit cramp compared to my Aurora & X-Navigator case but the cooling drop nearly 10 degrees from the aurora to the 900 so im happy

as in for the psu, ill invest in something a little better... corsair and seasonic has awesome reviews with them

still need hsf and some quality thermal paste

zr0e

Feb 17, 2005
get the tr120e w/ scythe s-flex 120 (f)

i dont think you can do better these days. .