Is this a Bc2 glitch or 275.33 driver related?

skipsneeky2

Diamond Member
May 21, 2011
Been experiencing a issue during the last three weeks in Bc2 thats been puzzling me and also frustrating me at the same time.

The rig is based on a 2500k and also a gtx 560 non ti which only has supporting 275.33 currently which iv'e read are nothing but problems.

The bug or glitch is related to the games reload function.

I join any server for 2 seconds reload comes up,and if i ride a atv and jump off it comes up also.

If a group of enemies encounter me its a guarantee i lag for a second reload comes up and i'm dead.

Like last night i found this sniper and he aimed his m95 at me i went to press fire instead of firing it said reload i lagged for a sec and he headshot me.

I know this is't lag cause it happens on every server and only since i got this card and built this rig.

Since before 3 weeks ago i never encountered this issue before,could it be 275.33 driver related?

Iv'e reinstalled the game time and time again and it simply wont go away.

Any input would be of great value:)

CrystalBay

Platinum Member
Apr 2, 2002
I don't know if it is driver related but, 275.33 has caused issues for many in bc2. CTD's black screens, etc, try rolling back to 270.61, can't hurt.

Baasha

Golden Member
Jan 4, 2010
Wait, you mean 'reload' as in reload your guns?

I've never heard of that issue before but you can be sure it has NOTHING to do with drivers and/or lag.

That is, if you say your clip is full and then when you hit fire it says "reload"? Have you tried different classes/weapons etc.?

First time I'm hearing this issue but hopefully you can fix it by process of elimination. Also, DICE needs to release a patch as it has been way too long since the previous one.

skipsneeky2

Diamond Member
May 21, 2011
I don't know if it is driver related but, 275.33 has caused issues for many in bc2. CTD's black screens, etc, try rolling back to 270.61, can't hurt.

According to nvidia the 275.33 is the first driver to support gtx 560 non ti,if 270.61 will work without problems i don't know.

skipsneeky2

Diamond Member
May 21, 2011
Wait, you mean 'reload' as in reload your guns?

I've never heard of that issue before but you can be sure it has NOTHING to do with drivers and/or lag.

That is, if you say your clip is full and then when you hit fire it says "reload"? Have you tried different classes/weapons etc.?

First time I'm hearing this issue but hopefully you can fix it by process of elimination. Also, DICE needs to release a patch as it has been way too long since the previous one.

Yup full clip on every class and weapon i can fire at enemies if i catch them off guard but if we get up close its more then likely this reload comes up.

But usually if there's alot of explosions and stuff sometimes it can come up too,usually if the screen is busy it will happen.

Getting in and out of tanks or any vehicles it comes up for a second too.

kylebisme

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2000
I had this issue the other night using 270.61, so it's not just 275.33 anyway.

skipsneeky2

Diamond Member
May 21, 2011
The problem is driver related.

Did some testing using a old 9800gtx and 266.58 drivers at first.

Did not encounter the problem unless the server lagged i went on 6 servers 1 only lagged.

Then i reinstalled 275.33 drivers.

Not only did i take a 20+ fps hit but on those same servers i encountered these problems again

Reinstalled my gtx 560 and the problem was more consistent then ever.

Grooveriding

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2008
Every release since 270.61 has been utter shit imo. Hopefully the new drivers fix all the problems in a myriad of games with the current nvidia drivers.

skipsneeky2

Diamond Member
May 21, 2011
Every release since 270.61 has been utter shit imo. Hopefully the new drivers fix all the problems in a myriad of games with the current nvidia drivers.

:) I'm picking up a new monitor in 2 weeks and the gtx 560 is going up for sale.

Can't be bothered with these drivers and i doubt the gtx 560 will hold up with Bf3 so heck ill most likely pick up a 6970 or gtx570 and maybe sli or crossfire them.

Destiny

Platinum Member
Jul 6, 2010
I had this issue the other night using 270.61, so it's not just 275.33 anyway.

I'm currently on 270.61 and have an EVGA GTX 570... haven't experienced it yet... will play tonite and report back if I get the same thing... also is it cool if I add some of you guys on my friends list? I hate it when I play with bad squad mates... thanks in advance...

skipsneeky2

Diamond Member
May 21, 2011
I'm currently on 270.61 and have an EVGA GTX 570... haven't experienced it yet... will play tonite and report back if I get the same thing... also is it cool if I add some of you guys on my friends list? I hate it when I play with bad squad mates... thanks in advance...

Yup you can add me i'm on for a bit longer my username is skipsneeky2 .

Can understand the bad squad mate problem it annoys me too but most times i'm a medic and wont catch me being a useless sniper or a engineer when half the team already is