Is there enough popcorn for all of us to watch the 'Donny Raids The RNC' show?

Nov 17, 2019
It seems it might be a good one:

New RNC leadership slashing staff, sources say - ABC News

Today Lara Trump, newly elected Republican National Committee Co-Chair, right, gives an address as newly elected Chairman Michael Whatley listens during the general session of the RNC Spring Meeting ...

https://www.nbcnews.com › now › video › nearly-60-rnc-employees-fired-after-trump-picked-leadership-moves-in-206294597769

Nearly 60 RNC employees fired after Trump-picked leadership moves in

Today Nearly 60 RNC employees fired after Trump-picked leadership moves in. At least 60 Republican National Committee staffers, including four senior officials, were terminated after the leadership hand ...

https://www.newsweek.com › rnc-layoffs-spark-mixed-reactions-conservatives-1878178

RNC Layoffs Spark Mixed Reactions From Conservatives - Newsweek

Today The RNC underwent a major leadership shakeup last week after two close allies of former President Donald Trump were voted to lead the party. The former president's daughter-in-law, Lara Trump, was ...

Did anybody nazi see that coming?

uallas5

Golden Member
Jun 3, 2005
Should be fun to watch all the R candidates complain about not having enough funding when the RNC re-starts paying for *billionaire* Trump's legal bills. So sad.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Should be fun to watch all the R candidates complain about not having enough funding when the RNC re-starts paying for *billionaire* Trump's legal bills. So sad.
Well the RNC is supposed to support the presidential candidate pretty much exclusively.

What’s interesting here is that if Trump’s goal was to just get help with getting elected there’s no need to fire anyone as the RNC already works at the nominee’s behest. This only makes sense if he’s trying to loot it for personal funds.

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
It's certainly a variation on the "leopards eating my face party" theme, but not much of a surprise really. Grifters gonna grift, I just would have thought that grifters could smell their own.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Hollowing out the RNC to loot it for legal funds would sort of mirror the implosion of the state Republican Party organizations in a lot of swing or former swing states (AZ, MI, GA, CO etc).

A lot of big donors were already leery of giving to Trump's PACs because he's just using the money for himself not to actually try to win the election. RNC probably going to have similar trouble now too.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
It just means that the money (and therefore influence and power) will switch from the GOP official organization to some nebulous and essentially unregulated PACs and the like. I'm not the least bit concerned that the GOP candidates will be lacking for funds for legit campaign purposes, no matter how much they whine.

In short the leash that the billionaires have on GOP politicians will be stronger, not weaker, this campaign round.

It goes without saying that contributing to the official GOP these days is just dumb, you might as well burn the cash for the good it will do you.

• Love
Reactions: iRONic and dank69

Stokely

Golden Member
Jun 5, 2017
Trump's next term if he gets in is going to be a retribution tour for any and all that have "wronged" him. This is the thin-skinned baby who is still mad over a small hands joke from many years ago. If I'm Jack Smith or anyone else involved in these trials, I'd be heading for Finland or some other spot.

Nice to see Republican money going to pay this criminal fraud's bills. Better that than on election ads. But as the post above states, there's plenty of money.

"Trump's tax reform" is still hilarious. That was nothing more than a giant raise for the poor downtrodden ultra rich. Saw a listing for how much the net worth of various Congress critters went up due to that, let's just say it tended to be a lot more than the Netflix bill savings that Paul Ryan used as an example.

Reactions: hal2kilo and iRONic

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
It just means that the money (and therefore influence and power) will switch from the GOP official organization to some nebulous and essentially unregulated PACs and the like. I'm not the least bit concerned that the GOP candidates will be lacking for funds for legit campaign purposes, no matter how much they whine.

In short the leash that the billionaires have on GOP politicians will be stronger, not weaker, this campaign round.

It goes without saying that contributing to the official GOP these days is just dumb, you might as well burn the cash for the good it will do you.

There are a couple problems here I think. Outside groups have their own agendas which may conflict so they could end up spending money effectively against each other in some places or using messages that actually hurt Trump in the general. Also the rates PACs pay for ads is way higher than what the campaign itself would pay by 2 to 3 times. Trump raiding his campaign cash for legal fees is really harmful to his general election efforts.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I may start a poll asking are you going to donate money to the RNC or Trump.

Individuals will have to beg their people to donate directly to them but I wonder if a Trump portal will be placed in front of all candidate websites so even if you donate directly, Trump still gets a healthy cut. Kinda like mob protection money or MAGA will trash them.

• Haha
Reactions: Zorba and iRONic

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Hollowing out the RNC to loot it for legal funds would sort of mirror the implosion of the state Republican Party organizations in a lot of swing or former swing states (AZ, MI, GA, CO etc).

A lot of big donors were already leery of giving to Trump's PACs because he's just using the money for himself not to actually try to win the election. RNC probably going to have similar trouble now too.
'I have no problem electing a fascist, I just want to make sure my money is being well spent.'

• Haha
Reactions: pcgeek11

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
I may start a poll asking are you going to donate money to the RNC or Trump.

Individuals will have to beg their people to donate directly to them but I wonder if a Trump portal will be placed in front of all candidate websites so even if you donate directly, Trump still gets a healthy cut. Kinda like mob protection money or MAGA will trash them.

Trump has been hitting up the small dollar donors relentlessly for years and it has yielded declining results. That well going even dryer this year is a problem.

Reactions: hal2kilo

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
Trump has been hitting up the small dollar donors relentlessly for years and it has yielded declining results. That well going even dryer this year is a problem.
Insane to think the PACs supporting Haley were out-raising the MAGA PAC in the last leg of the race. Yuge red flag.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
There are a couple problems here I think. Outside groups have their own agendas which may conflict so they could end up spending money effectively against each other in some places or using messages that actually hurt Trump in the general. Also the rates PACs pay for ads is way higher than what the campaign itself would pay by 2 to 3 times. Trump raiding his campaign cash for legal fees is really harmful to his general election efforts.

That's a feature not a bug.

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
Wonder how soon the orange monkey RNC will demand from individual members, what donations they collect themselves must be given to their monkey king? And hoping for a bloodbath down ballot with lack of funding.

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
The new RNC fundraising/expenditures paradigm is going to CRUSH down ballot races. Those folks will be absolutely scrambling for the pennies in the couch all so that dear leader can pay legal expenses and fines.

Reactions: hal2kilo and iRONic

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
'I have no problem electing a fascist, I just want to make sure my money is being well spent.'

Even after the damage the fascists did throughout history.. they were still fondly admired by their base.

I am really having doubts if we will see actual justice for Trump for the treasonous insurrection..

Instead we keep giving him opportunities to come back to power and with his fan club and mental gymnastics by rich people funding him make it more than likely he will. :(

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
Is it too much to hope for massive (R) losses across the country?

I don't know about "massive" ... but I think it could probably swing races by a few points. Enough to tilt some swing districts. I think the house is guaranteed to flip, and not by a close margin. Where this will really hurt is in the senate, where the GQP was supposed to have a great year to flip it. WV is gone, no race at all there. AZ won't be a pickup now that Sinema isn't there to spoil it. I know some like to think that OH and MT are in play, but both of those senators are very well liked in their home states. To be honest, I'd really watch TX. Seriously unpopular incumbent and a decent challenger.