Is there anymore evidence that Clinton is trying to sabotage the Democratic party for her own gain?

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
http://andrewsullivan.theatlan...3/clinton-attacks.html

In a live CNN interview just now, Sen. Clinton repeated, twice, the "Sen. McCain has a lifetime of experience, I have a lifetime of experience, Sen. Obama has one speech in 2002" line. By what logic, exactly, does a member of the Democratic party include the "Sen. McCain has a lifetime of experience" part of that sentence? [...]

...to pose it in a form that is poison for the party should Obama be the nominee??? To produce a clip that the McCain campaign could run unedited every single day of a campaign against Obama? That is something special.

Lets say Hildabeast miraculously pulls a rabbit out of her ass and actually wins the Democratic nomination, despite the fact that it's almost mathematically impossible for her to do so based on the delegate count. That will require a helluva lot of shady dealing on her part in order to do that and will basically tear the Democratic party apart.

On the other hand, if Obama wins (like the delegate count says he should), he'll be badly damaged by Hildabeast's dirty campaign tactics. McCain will replay Hillary's words over and over again in the general election. What more could McCain ask for but to have a prominent democrat basically endorse McCain over Obama?

If the DLC had any brains, they would publicly condemn Hildabeast's campaign tactics and throw her out of the party. But of course, they don't have any brains and they're letting this egotistical cancer have her way.

The Democratic Party: Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory yet again.

:roll:

Congrats Hillary voters, you just secured the presidency for McCain. Enjoy your 10,000 year war with Iraq and invasion of Iran.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Prior to this campaign I might have voted for her but after what I've read and heard I can say that I would never vote for her (well if it was between her and Bush I might)

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
Prior to this campaign I might have voted for her but after what I've read and heard I can say that I would never vote for her (well if it was between her and Bush I might)

I'm seriously considering voting for McCain if Hillary somehow pulls this out just to teach the DNC a lesson. McCain is basically Hillary so it doesn't make a difference anyway. The Democrats don't deserve Obama. They were basically HANDED this presidency and somehow f***ed this up.

Unbelievable.

RightIsWrong

Diamond Member
Apr 29, 2005
I don't think that that one line or the experience line of reasoning will resonate as strongly as these two (HRC & McCain) seem to think that it will.

It is the exact "inexperience" that they speak of that is bringing young people to the polls. They are tired of hearing the same people spewing the same lines and knowing that they will be buried under the same pile of shit when all is said and done.

The horrible thing about experience, especially as much as McCain has accrued is that there are a lot of things that can be dusted off and used to beat you over the head with. He and Hillary still have Iraq to contend with (HRC in the remaining primaries and McCain in the GE if he faces off against Obama). They have hundreds of votes and/or speeches claiming the virtues of positions that have since been proven to be wrong.

Experience sounds nice on a resume....but I'll take a child prodigy over an middle manager any day.

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
Well, it's not intentional sabotage. Hillary is looking out for Hillary first and foremost, which is what any politician would do. I don't hold that against her.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Phokus

I'm seriously considering voting for McCain if Hillary somehow pulls this out just to teach the DNC a lesson. McCain is basically Hillary so it doesn't make a difference anyway. The Democrats don't deserve Obama. They were basically HANDED this presidency and somehow f***ed this up.

Unbelievable.

Well it depends on who Methusula..err McCain has for a VP as the VP stands a better than fair chance of becoming the President.

i'm not to worried about McCain following the same agenda as President Shit for Brains. He might give it lip service but he's a pragmatic man and probably sees it for what it is, a failed endeavor.

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
Originally posted by: RightIsWrong
I don't think that that one line or the experience line of reasoning will resonate as strongly as these two (HRC & McCain) seem to think that it will.

It is the exact "inexperience" that they speak of that is bringing young people to the polls. They are tired of hearing the same people spewing the same lines and knowing that they will be buried under the same pile of shit when all is said and done.

The horrible thing about experience, especially as much as McCain has accrued is that there are a lot of things that can be dusted off and used to beat you over the head with. He and Hillary still have Iraq to contend with (HRC in the remaining primaries and McCain in the GE if he faces off against Obama). They have hundreds of votes and/or speeches claiming the virtues of positions that have since been proven to be wrong.

Experience sounds nice on a resume....but I'll take a child prodigy over an middle manager any day.

Except that not everyone is a young voter. And unfortunately, i misjudged the American people and their stupidity: the 'red phone' ad, innuendo about Obama being a 'muslim', among other things actually work with these morons.

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005
It's naive to think that anything the Clinton campaign has pressed the Obama campaign would not or hasn't already been part of the McCain/republican campaign. Better now than later since it can be addressed sooner.

And to say that you'd vote McCain/republican if Clinton won the Democratic nomination is pretty childish to the fact they have very similar platforms.

Oct 27, 2007
In a live CNN interview just now, Sen. Clinton repeated, twice, the "Sen. McCain has a lifetime of experience, I have a lifetime of experience, Sen. Obama has one speech in 2002" line. By what logic, exactly, does a member of the Democratic party include the "Sen. McCain has a lifetime of experience" part of that sentence? [...]

...to pose it in a form that is poison for the party should Obama be the nominee??? To produce a clip that the McCain campaign could run unedited every single day of a campaign against Obama? That is something special.

That is way beyond moronic. Having respect for your opponent is not tantamount to self-sabotage. Get a fucking clue.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

Unbelievable.

"The two candidates are pretty much the same anyway so it doesn't matter". Where did we hear this before? Oh yeah, in 2000 between future nobel peace prize winner Al Gore and future America destroying warmonger George W. Bush. How much more evidence is necessary to put this stupid myth to rest?

It's really funny that people get mad at candidates for running for president. They get especially mad when lots of people vote for them. If she has a chance to win still (and she does), let her take her shot. The election is in NOVEMBER for christ's sake people. That's about NINE MONTHS from now. That's an eternity in electoral terms, and what is going on right now will mean very little then.

Jesus, stop throwing a temper tantrum people.

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
Originally posted by: GodlessAstronomer

That is way beyond moronic. Having respect for your opponent is not tantamount to self-sabotage. Get a fucking clue.

What part of Clinton basically saying McCain would be a better president than Obama don't you get?

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
Originally posted by: Capt Caveman
It's naive to think that anything the Clinton campaign has pressed the Obama campaign would not or hasn't already been part of the McCain/republican campaign. Better now than later since it can be addressed sooner.
-snip-

The one giant thing overlooked in your remark is that Hillary is ENDORSING that potential (now an absolute certainty) repub line of attack.

I fully expect the Repub attack ad to show Hillary making the claim, "See women of America - be afraid if Obama is elected. We won't be safe, vote for McCain".

Fern

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000

Unbelievable.
You need to understand that it's destiny for the democrats to f**k up campaigns. They lost in 04 despite it being gift wrapped and given to them and now many of them want to lose in 08 by nominating Hillary. I think it may be because if they win, they can no longer blame another party for their problems, so it is self-serving.

I still predict obama getting the nod, though.

RY62

Mar 13, 2005

What part of Clinton basically saying McCain would be a better president than Obama don't you get?

I happen to believe that McCain would be better than B.O. so I don't have a problem with this, even though she never said anything of the sort.

Oct 27, 2007

Thats not what she said. Keep your hyperbole to yourself.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: RY62

I happen to believe that McCain would be better than B.O. so I don't have a problem with this, even though she never said anything of the sort.

It's exactly what she said without using the words. You need a brain to translate.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: eskimospy

Unbelievable.

"The two candidates are pretty much the same anyway so it doesn't matter". Where did we hear this before? Oh yeah, in 2000 between future nobel peace prize winner Al Gore and future America destroying warmonger George W. Bush. How much more evidence is necessary to put this stupid myth to rest?

It's really funny that people get mad at candidates for running for president. They get especially mad when lots of people vote for them. If she has a chance to win still (and she does), let her take her shot. The election is in NOVEMBER for christ's sake people. That's about NINE MONTHS from now. That's an eternity in electoral terms, and what is going on right now will mean very little then.

Jesus, stop throwing a temper tantrum people.

Why not. I just watched my country support a slime ball over somebody who's decent. I'm pissed off and ready to piss on...... Sorry, I'm a patriot.

M0RPH

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2003

Congrats Hillary voters, you just secured the presidency for McCain. Enjoy your 10,000 year war with Iraq and invasion of Iran.

Try removing the spiteful, sexist and downwright childish name-calling from your post and maybe someone would take your post seriously. As is, it's just another venemous, hateful attack on Hillary CLinton.

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
Originally posted by: Skoorb
You need to understand that it's destiny for the democrats to f**k up campaigns. They lost in 04 despite it being gift wrapped and given to them

Incumbent presidents during war time have never lost reelection. And Kerry still almost won despite that, and the fact that he had the personality of a toaster oven.

Re the OP: I really wish she'd stop saying that. But what she means is she thinks there's a threshold of experience for president that Obama hasn't crossed. She could do without mentioning McCain IMO.