is there any utility addon to make IE remember currently opened webpages?

SaturnX

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2000
Uh... the IE history... then just select "View by Order Visted" and choose the last?

--Mark

abc

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 1999
uh hell no not like that...

that's by far not a usable solution... you must have never tried this at length....

try using a laptop with standby mode for two weeks... using standby instead of shutting down.... when you wake up your laptop, all your work you left off is still there, just as you left them... including all webpages, exactly of course, where you read up to, etc.

some pages imagine you also opened up via a link.... (this doesn't reliably get recorded by the HISTORY in IE).

Lets say your Laptop locks up...

The history is about 60pct useful and at that, a timeconsuming tool to reacquire the pages, and their positions.

anxi80

Lifer
Jul 7, 2002
yep. maxthon. if i have to end task on maxthon and re-open it, it pops up a window asking what tabs i want to re-open (shows all the pages with the exception of the one that caused the crash).

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Originally posted by: anxi80
yep. maxthon. if i have to end task on maxthon and re-open it, it pops up a window asking what tabs i want to re-open (shows all the pages with the exception of the one that caused the crash).

Yep Maxthon which I used briefly when FF was acting up. I liked it more than regular 'ole IE.

anxi80

Lifer
Jul 7, 2002
Originally posted by: RossMAN
Yep Maxthon which I used briefly when FF was acting up. I liked it more than regular 'ole IE.
now that rossman approves it, watch the downloads shoot up like 200%. i been raving about the program for awhile, and everyone probably thinks "meh".

:D

GeneValgene

Diamond Member
Sep 18, 2002
Originally posted by: Goosemaster
opera

yes, i love this feature. opera will remember your last state. in addition, you can do control-z to reopen a window/tab you accidently closed in opera.

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
now that rossman approves it, watch the downloads shoot up like 200%. i been raving about the program for awhile, and everyone probably thinks "meh".

Actually I heard more about Maxthon from aves2k not you, sorry to burst your bubble :)

anxi80

Lifer
Jul 7, 2002
Actually I heard more about Maxthon from aves2k not you, sorry to burst your bubble :)
my ego has just been kicked in the nads. :p

Malak

Lifer
Dec 4, 2004
Opera does this natively. If your computer crashes, next time you run Opera it asks you if you want to pick up where you left off. You can also save current sessions if you need to shutdown the computer for any reason.

abc

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 1999

using it for past few days... pretty good stuff... looks like the next version of IE will have tabbed browsing...

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Originally posted by: abc

using it for past few days... pretty good stuff... looks like the next version of IE will have tabbed browsing...

Yeah I liked Maxthon more than IE :)