Is there any reputable vendor still selling a PCI Voodoo5 ?

Mingon

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2000
Have a look for the MAC version as well it is easy to flash to pc and has a dvi output. I have one at the moment running with a geforce 2 ultra in relative harmony.

WoundedWallet

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
Mingon, I read that people were having all kinds of trouble with the flashed version. Are you not having any trouble at all?

Mingon

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2000
The way to do it is to have an agp card in and the bios set to boot from agp, you then use the Flash tools (PM me and I will send if you need) and it recognises the voodoo and flashes it. Once this is done you can use the voodoo as normal. I am currently running winme/win2000 dual boot with dual displays in winme, win 2000 for some reason doesnt like the voodoo and geforce drivers running together so you have to disable one in safe mode before rebooting to the other. I got the 5500 as I could never get the game vampire the masquerade to work with the ultra and it works fine @1024x768 32bit with fsaa enabled on the voodoo and it looks pretty nice too.

WoundedWallet

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
Hmmmm... that's tempting. I could always get a Radeon to be my secondary display.

Are you the only one that got this working right? I mean could you have been extremely lucky that your particular unit was friendly to a pc flash and all the others with problems were not?

Mingon

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2000
I know of at least 2 other people who have had no problems and I have seen loads of posts from other people who have had success both ways apple-pc and vice versa. I would say give it a go if it doesnt work send it back and deny all knowledge ;) I think that not many people dont do it is the reason you dont hear many peoples experiences.