Is there an Online database for Gamestop/Gamecrazy resell values

FuryofFive

Golden Member
Sep 7, 2005
I made this list of games that i would like to beat that i own.. that list tops something like 60-80 games.. give or take. i dont near have the motivation or time to complete that task. and with the new games i have being neglected, id like to get some kind of kickback. even if to see the small portion it maybe.

i have a bunch of gamecube games, a couple of gamecubes(Wii saves me that trouble)
and a bunch of ps2 games, most are sports, so ill probaly ebay the whole package.

but i would just like to see what kind of resell gamestop would give me. maybe i can find a promo when there giving away 30% back on trade-in's then use my edge card and get 40% which mind u on .40 lol thatll push me to over a buck woot!

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
best bet is to just walk into gamestop with a bag of everything and just ask em. there is no online database for this, and the prices change constantly.

tradestop.com shows very few tradein values but that's only for newer games.

i went into gamestop last weekend to ask about mgs4 trade in value and they told me $12 and i kind of laughed and just left.

FuryofFive

Golden Member
Sep 7, 2005
Originally posted by: purbeast0
best bet is to just walk into gamestop with a bag of everything and just ask em. there is no online database for this, and the prices change constantly.

i went into gamestop last weekend to ask about mgs4 trade in value and they told me $12 and i kind of laughed and just left.

exactly, i dont wanna haul down my bag of fun, its like10-15 mins from my house. game crazy is only like 2 mins. but game crazy is ehh at best. because they give you less for games. and they dont have a used return policy. as one of there employees said to me "we dont guarentee satisfaction" kind of turned me off. Gamestop does have a nifty return policy on games. which allows me to go nutz and try a game and i like it keep it, and vice versa. which in most cases. i keep the games i buy

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Originally posted by: FuryofFive
Originally posted by: purbeast0

exactly, i dont wanna haul down my bag of fun, its like10-15 mins from my house. game crazy is only like 2 mins. but game crazy is ehh at best. because they give you less for games. and they dont have a used return policy. as one of there employees said to me "we dont guarentee satisfaction" kind of turned me off. Gamestop does have a nifty return policy on games. which allows me to go nutz and try a game and i like it keep it, and vice versa. which in most cases. i keep the games i buy

well you aren't going to have any luck other than going to the store to find out, so time for that 10-15 minute road trip :p

FuryofFive

Golden Member
Sep 7, 2005
true that heh. most of the titles id probaly get not much. id post the list. but like i said it tops 60-80 games.
most are 07 sports titles. which i know GS will give me probaly .25 each. hah
so im better giving them to my brother lol

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
Originally posted by: ViviTheMage
ebay them if you want to sell them in bulk..probably get a much better deal.

This ^ or sell em on this forum. GS will give you pratically nothing.

FuryofFive

Golden Member
Sep 7, 2005
Originally posted by: Oyeve

This ^ or sell em on this forum. GS will give you pratically nothing.

yeah ill probaly sell my ps2 with them...my gf has a ps2 as well..kinda sux, because she wont part with her old model PS2..and i have a year old slim ps2...

TKE899

Apr 24, 2008
I use half.com for a lot of reselling of games. You can set your prices based on average sales of the game. It works pretty smoothly. I got rid of about 20 or so old games and made about 200 bucks back. All these games sold for about 10 bucks and some were pretty dated games.

FuryofFive

Golden Member
Sep 7, 2005
Originally posted by: TKE899
I use half.com for a lot of reselling of games. You can set your prices based on average sales of the game. It works pretty smoothly. I got rid of about 20 or so old games and made about 200 bucks back. All these games sold for about 10 bucks and some were pretty dated games.

ill take a look :)

AstroManLuca

Lifer
Jun 24, 2004
The only time I ever traded a game back to GameStop was when I bought Mario Kart for the Wii this spring. Two trade-ins of certain in-demand games gave me $40 off the price. So I traded in both Metroid Corruption and Twilight Princess, both of which I had already played.

Sure, I could have gotten maybe $30 each for them on eBay as opposed to $20 each from GS, but there was no hassle, shipping charges, etc. Very quick and easy. I'd only trade in games if they were running a deal like that.

FuryofFive

Golden Member
Sep 7, 2005
Originally posted by: AstroManLuca
The only time I ever traded a game back to GameStop was when I bought Mario Kart for the Wii this spring. Two trade-ins of certain in-demand games gave me $40 off the price. So I traded in both Metroid Corruption and Twilight Princess, both of which I had already played.

Sure, I could have gotten maybe $30 each for them on eBay as opposed to $20 each from GS, but there was no hassle, shipping charges, etc. Very quick and easy. I'd only trade in games if they were running a deal like that.

yeah gamesop has extra 30%... but games that arent in-demand...well gamestop says.. eh we'll give u maybe 10 bux or ehh you have a sports title that is 1-2 years old.. thats .25 cents

WraithETC

Golden Member
May 15, 2005
Gamecrazy will tell you over the phone... well mine does anyways.

Gamestop you have to walk in.

leglez

Platinum Member
Nov 12, 2005
Might I suggest Goozex. Might be worth it more. You will get a lot more money, and then you can get more games.

erwos

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2005
Originally posted by: leglez
Might I suggest Goozex. Might be worth it more. You will get a lot more money, and then you can get more games.
Goozex is great for new and/or currently popular games. It has been my experience that it doesn't really work for anything else very well.

KoolDrew

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004

I agree. I wish I did that. Instead I went to Gamestop to trade in a bunch of old Xbox games and it averaged out to about $1 per game.