Is there a way to transfer ringtones to a VZ phone free?

Dimkaumd

Dec 1, 2003
Does anyone know how to transfer mp3 or midi ringtones to a VZ phone from a PC and not pay them money?

I used to be able to email myself the ringtones at #@vzwpix.com, but now it gets blocked.

If i put the ringtones my my MicroSD card, the phone doesnt seem to let me use it as ringtone either..

Is there another way?

Much appreciate ur responses.

Ika

Lifer
Mar 22, 2006
The only way I've figured out how to do it with my Chocolate is to send myself (or have someone else send me) a pic message, with the mp3 file embedded as a sound. This way, you can select the option to make the sound that plays a ringtone. It's a little bit pricey, at 50 cents a pop for a message to myself ($0.25 to send, $0.25 to receive the same message :disgust:), but a lot cheaper than buying your own ringtone. You do need a microSD card to get the mp3 onto your phone in the first place, though - needs to be filed under Sounds (which I see you have).

If you have a data cable, it's much easier with BitPim.

Dimkaumd

Dec 1, 2003
Aflac, it worked! Thanks!

To all verizon users, here is what you do:
1) Put a 30 second MP3 on a memory card,
2) insert card in ur phone
3) txt msg yourself the song
4) when you receive the txt msg, save it as ringtone..
youre done

Aflac, thanks again!

bapace

Jul 7, 2004
Do a google search on using BitPim with bluetooth or a USB cable. You can copy txts off your phone, contacts, put wallpapers, ringers, etc on the phone...Free software too. Won't get charged anything.

Ika

Lifer
Mar 22, 2006
Originally posted by: bapace
Do a google search on using BitPim with bluetooth or a USB cable. You can copy txts off your phone, contacts, put wallpapers, ringers, etc on the phone...Free software too. Won't get charged anything.

Ooh, BitPim works with bluetooth too? I just got a half-broken Bluetooth dongle from a friend... time to check this out!