Question Is there a way to split one HDMI to two HDMIs...

YuliApp

Dec 27, 2017
desirehive.com
Hi. Is there a way to split one HDMI to two HDMIs... I would expect not 2x2560x1440 horizontally (5120x1440), but at least 2560x1440 vertically (to 2560x2880) or at least
2560x1440 + 1920x1080 horizontaly?
TIA

Reactions: williamsheikspare

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
If you simply want the SAME HDMI output signal duplicated across multiple HDMI-input display devices, then they make HDMI splitter / HDMI replicator devices for driving video walls, etc.

But if you're talking about doing MST (multi-stream transport) like DisplayPort does, sorry, I think that you're out of luck. HDMI has no such capabilities.

Edit: If you simply need an additional HDMI output - they make inexpensive ($10-15) converters between DisplayPort outputs and HDMI, you could get one of those and use it with one of your DisplayPort outputs on your card.

YuliApp

Dec 27, 2017
desirehive.com
If you simply want the SAME HDMI output signal duplicated across multiple HDMI-input display devices, then they make HDMI splitter / HDMI replicator devices for driving video walls, etc.

But if you're talking about doing MST (multi-stream transport) like DisplayPort does, sorry, I think that you're out of luck. HDMI has no such capabilities.

Edit: If you simply need an additional HDMI output - they make inexpensive ($10-15) converters between DisplayPort outputs and HDMI, you could get one of those and use it with one of your DisplayPort outputs on your card.

Thank you. Sadly my (superbadass but still...) notebook doesnt have DP output... Just one HDMI. Was thinking about USB to HDMI, but it makes photoshop somehow screwup.