Question Is there a way to remove duplicate bluetooth devices in file transfer window from restored drive image?

jakobjkraft

Mar 11, 2009
I recently restored an image of my hard drive, about a month old, but now I have duplicate Bluetooth devices showing in my Bluetooth file transfer window (see attached pic), not to mention a printer that stopped working after I made my last image appearing there as well. It's not listed under 'Settings' and 'Bluetooth & Devices' at all, and the duplicated items are only listed once there. I tried unpairing everything to see if I could start from scratch but after restarting, the duplicate items were still there.

I then tried going into Device Manager and just deleting the Bluetooth driver and everything else, but upon restart, the duplicate items were still there.

So is there any way to get rid of these duplicates, maybe a registry fix? This is not terribly dire, but I send files to my phone and tablet via Bluetooth fairly often and it's irritating to see all those duplicates every time.
Any help would be deeply appreciated -- thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Bluetooth duplicate device issue.jpg
    Bluetooth duplicate device issue.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

deustroop

Golden Member
Dec 12, 2010
Can the all dupe devices not be removed where they appear under Settings/Devices and the printer deleted where it appears under Control Panel/ Devices and Printers ?
If not then a clean install of the backup would appear the only solution unless it is the source of the dupes.

jakobjkraft

Mar 11, 2009
I did ultimately resort to a clean install, as much as I was hoping to avoid it -- those duplicates are just a weird holdover that wouldn't go away no matter what I tried.
Thanks anyway!