Is there a way to play BF2 and BF2142 without disk in drive?

Noobtastic

Banned
Jul 9, 2005
Is there a way I can do this??

I want to be able to play both games without the CD in the drive (they are both installed.)

How do I do this?

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
Yes, there is a way. Its called a No DVD/CD crack, available at many places I can't link to here.

Not sure if they allow online play though. I've used a No CD crack for BF2 successfully at a LAN party though.

duragezic

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
I like the miniDVD image. The one I use for BF2 works for BF2 and the SF expansion, and it's worked throughout the last couple of patches. I'm assuming BF2142 has one as well.

Noobtastic

Banned
Jul 9, 2005
Can someone link me? I don't have any money BTW!

Yeah, this would be for online play.

BF single player is a joke.

AzN

Banned
Nov 26, 2001
I play bf2 constantly too. I just leave it on the drive 24/7 and 365 days a year. LOL

Noobtastic

Banned
Jul 9, 2005
Originally posted by: pontifex
Originally posted by: Noobtastic
BF2 is the single biggest joke in video game history.

fixed

can someone help me or what?

my mother confiscated my game so I need a way to access it without having it in the drive. I can probably get it while she is out of the house and emulate or copy something but then I'd have to immediately return it.

Help me please!

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005
Download Alcohol 52 (free) and use it to burn an image of your DVD then mount it on a virtual drive

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
also, this isnt illegal right? i dont wanna get punkbuster banned.

I'm not sure about Punkbuster, but legally, since you own the game, you can do almost anything in this thread.

Capt Caveman directed you to a program called Alcohol 52%, which you can find via google. Use that program to create an image of your game disk on your hard drive. You then use Alcohol 52 to 'mount' the image, meaning Windows things the image is a drive with a disk in it. Often you can run from that virtual drive. Another program, Daemon Tools, is my preferred utility, but both work well. Sometimes you'll still need to use a CD crack though.

Again, I'm not sure if any of this will get around punkbuster. I'm not very familiar with that program beyond the fact that it banned me for using a widescreen hack in BF2.

Schadenfroh

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2003

You will not get punkbusted for mounting an image that you created in the freeware Alcohol 52% to play the game without the DVD. This is actually the prefered method, as it does not modify the executable (and it will not be misinterpreted as cheating), also you do not have to worry about viruses from cracks.

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005

It's perfectly legal and allowed by punkbuster. I have BF2, BF2142, Oblivion, Company of Hero's all burned as images and mounted on virtual drives.

Zenoth

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2005
Way to show respect to your mother's decision. She's a responsible mother if she thinks you got better things to do at the moment. Maybe you aren't telling us but perhaps PC gaming or BF2 is having a huge negative role in your education ? Who knows ...

If she confiscated the game just live with it, she probably paid for it anyway.

ConstipatedVigilante

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2006
I use a CD image, although I'm not sure whether I'm allowed to link it to you. You can probably find one at GCW, if you know what that abbreviates!

mrblotto

Golden Member
Jul 7, 2007
Originally posted by: Capt Caveman

It's perfectly legal and allowed by punkbuster. I have BF2, BF2142, Oblivion, Company of Hero's all burned as images and mounted on virtual drives.

Alcohol 52/120 FTW! However, I have yet to successfully create a BF2142 DVD image. Everything else, no problem..........*shakes fist at EA in futility*

Edit: Yeah, you probably should abide by your mom's decision. It's just a game FFS.

Stas

Dec 31, 2004
You have to use magic, dude. That's what real life is all about: video games and magic; and don't you dare listen to your mom.

jonmcc33

Banned
Feb 24, 2002
Originally posted by: duragezic
I like the miniDVD image. The one I use for BF2 works for BF2 and the SF expansion, and it's worked throughout the last couple of patches. I'm assuming BF2142 has one as well.

I use that too, works fine with Daemon Tools.

I haven't found a working one for BF2142 at all.