Is there a good guide for TF2?

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
I bought TF2 but it came with no manual and i'm trying to figure out how to use all the classes (i still can't figure out how to change disguises for the spy). Is there a good online guide for this? Thanks!

bunker

Lifer
Apr 23, 2001
Originally posted by: ZappDogg
Here's a thread I put together on another forum, hope it helps.

TF2 Class Guide

Nice writeup on the classes.

One problem I've found though:
Reload your launcher, but if anyone runs out over your charges, quick switch back to Sticky Bomb, and detonate.
It doesn't matter what weapon the demo man has out, a right click sets off the sticky bombs.

duragezic

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Yeah the class guide linked above is good. Scroll down a couple of posts past the guide and someone replied with some additions and corrections. Even as an experienced TF player and I've played a lot of TF2 already, it was a pretty good read! He's right about the sniper's worst enemies... as a sniper whore, I hate scouts and spies!! :D And he's right that snipers shouldn't solely concentrate on sniping on the battlements in 2fort. Although when I'm up there, I primarily go for enemies dropping down to the bridge (if there isn't enemy snipers owning me), I tend to just play defense more inside the base around the main room with ramps and stairs and keep an eye on the sewers.