Is there a comfortable way to lay in bed and use a laptop?

aphex

Moderator<br>All Things Apple
Jul 19, 2001
I've tried laying forward with my head on a pillow and the laptop out in front, but my neck gets sore awful quick.

I've tried sitting up on the back with the laptop on my lap, but the angle is uncomfortable.

Has anyone figured out a comfy way to use a laptop in bed?

Bumrush99

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2004
Balance the laptop on your nuts, it should work fine. Make sure the laptop doesn't run too hot then get back to us.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
lay down on stomach, pillow under stomach, laptop in front.

aphex

Jul 19, 2001
Originally posted by: Ns1

Lengthwise along my body?

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Find some hot girl to sit naked with it on her lap in the middle of the bed. Pay her if you have to. Then you won't care how confortable you are.

KT

aphex

Jul 19, 2001
Originally posted by: KeithTalent
Find some hot girl to sit naked with it on her lap in the middle of the bed. Pay her if you have to. Then you won't care how confortable you are.

KT

Yea, somehow I don't think my wife will go along with that one.

Ika

Lifer
Mar 22, 2006
I sit upright against the headboard with a vertical pillow, then usually have the laptop wedged between the V made by my thighs and stomach. If you were fat enough you could have it sit on your stomach just fine.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
Originally posted by: aphex
Originally posted by: Ns1

Lengthwise along my body?

are you forreal? lol

we have a queen size bed.

i put one pillow folded up under my stomach. this alleviates the pressure on the lower back. If i want, I stuff another pillow under my chest (which means your upper arms will rest on this pillow as well). this relieves the pressure on my shoulder and elbows.

to summarize with details

queen size memory foam bed + 2 memory foam pillows + dell 700m + wifi + wifey + herb + 37" lcd + HD/DVR = i never want to leave my room.

except to go downstairs and play halo or CoD4

imported_yovonbishop

Golden Member
Apr 19, 2004
Originally posted by: Aflac
I sit upright against the headboard with a vertical pillow, then usually have the laptop wedged between the V made by my thighs and stomach. If you were fat enough you could have it sit on your stomach just fine.

I lol'd at the mental picture of this.

KeithTalent

Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Originally posted by: aphex
Originally posted by: KeithTalent

KT

Yea, somehow I don't think my wife will go along with that one.

Never know until you ask.

KT

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
not without becoming horribly disfigured from a curved back and hands like claws from the carpal tunnel;)

Epic Fail

Diamond Member
May 10, 2005
I lie flat, rotate a little bit and lean on my shoulder, it does get tiring after a while.

KeithTalent

Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Are you actually trying to type and whatnot? I only use my laptop in bed to watch movies, which is pretty easy to get comfortable doing, using pillows. For typing things I think I would have to leave my bed because I would be horribly uncomfortable.

KT

lokiju

Lifer
May 29, 2003
Three pillows under my head/upper back.

One pillow on my lap area with laptop on top.

Works best for me.

You could also get one of those laptop tables that the feet are on wheels and slide under the bed to bring the table part right over you. You can adjust the tilt and height as well.

I have one but never use it sine my bed is to tall though.