Is there a backgammon game that doesn't cheat?

t4d

Nov 17, 2018
I've played a lot of in-person backgammon over the years and it sure seems that the software backgammon games that I have tried all seem to cheat. That is, they mostly seem to roll the dice in their favor many more times than I've seen when playing in-person. Anyone know of a decent backgammon game (good graphics, easy navigation) that does not cheat?

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
lol.... the PC will always cheat to keep you from not being bored.
IF the PC lost all the time, you would not gain any skill.
Hence im sure there is some tweeks in software to give it a slight advantage over your current play level.

The only exception i can see is probably Chess.
Each move in chess is a "damn if you do and damn if you don't" type of move and you can't really cheat unless you magically pull a backie (reverse).

t4d

Nov 17, 2018
well, I've tried chess and enjoy it somewhat...........but I'm not very good and never will be...........I just don't think with enough offensive strategy.

I do enjoy backgammon but it's no fun to move your pieces into a configuration where ONLY a certain roll of the dice will allow the opponent (computer) to move, and then to magically have the computer roll that exact perfect dice roll............once in a while, sure, but it happens WAY TOO OFTEN.

I wish there was a game that didn't cheat.