Is there a 120 day evaluation version of Microsoft Access 2000?

trmiv

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I need Access 2000 to do homework for my database class, but I don't have it. I'm not about to run out and buy a copy of Access just to do some homework. I know MS does evaluation versions for some of their software. Do they do it for Access? That would be awesome if they did. If not, I'm going to have to find a place with a great return policy, buy it, do my homework, and return it in like a week.

Workin'

Diamond Member
Jan 10, 2000
MS doesn't have an eval program for Office 2k at this time.

Doesn't your school have Access 2000? How about buying an academic version? Should be pretty inexpensive.

If you find a place that will give you a refund on opened software, by all means let us know who will do that - there's a bunch of programs I'd like to get for free. But for some reason I think you'll have a hard time finding such a place.

trmiv

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Damm, I was thinking that was the case. Oh well. Yea my school has it in the computer labs but I don't have time to go in there to do my homework. I work and go to school, plus it is a quite a commute to school for me. When i get the chance do homework, it's usually at like 11:00pm or midnight so the computer lab isn't open. :)

I think the academic version is $99.95, still pretty expensive for something I only plan on using this semester. :( One of my books came with an evaluation version of SQL server, but no Access 2000, that's what I really need.

Workin'

Diamond Member
Jan 10, 2000
I've paid way more than $100 for textbooks I've only used for one academic quarter - not even a semester, LOL! And you'll be able to use your copy of access forever. Or else sell it to the next crop entering that class.