Is the War on Terror and the War in Iraq the same or different?

glugglug

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2002
They are both the same in that they are both BS propaganda maneuvers used to drive a fascist form of patriotism and are primarily a means for sending money to Haliburton.

EatSpam

Diamond Member
May 1, 2005
Originally posted by: glugglug
They are both the same in that they are both BS propaganda maneuvers used to drive a fascist form of patriotism and are primarily a means for sending money to Haliburton.

:thumbsup:

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
"Oceania was at war with Eurasia: Oceania had always been at war with Eurasia."

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
now it is. but it wasn't when it started.

since the begining of the war, we created a lot of new terrorrists in Iraq that we can't just turn our back on.

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
If it wasn't before, it certainly is now.

In general, it 'pends on if you ascribe to the political theory that hammering away at a beloved patriot in the armor of ignorance and poverty in the Middle East by democratizing and enhancing the lives of Iraqis will result in the spread of the same throughout the region. There's apparently some group called the PNAC that has this idea fleshed out more fully, look them up.

Engineer

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
They were both sold under the same packaging. One might be somewhat legit, the other was a complete ripoff with contents of the package not what was described (there were no Fvcking WMD's...false advertisement!)

There will those that post later in this thread saying that we are fighting the terrorists every day in Iraq, blah...blah...

There were no legit terrorists in Iraq before we invaded. WMD preaching and fearmongering to it's finest.

So sad the US fell for it! :(

SLCentral

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2003
Okay, pretty much on the lines of what I was telling my friend (actually, my step-brother). Thanks for the help.

EatSpam

Diamond Member
May 1, 2005
Originally posted by: yllus

In general, it 'pends on if you ascribe to the political theory that hammering away at a beloved patriot in the armor of ignorance and poverty in the Middle East by democratizing and enhancing the lives of Iraqis will result in the spread of the same throughout the region. There's apparently some group called the PNAC that has this idea fleshed out more fully, look them up.

Yeah, we're experts at eliminating poverty. America has no poor! :roll:

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
If you think that poverty - either the level of, or the particular quality - in North America is anything like it is in the Middle East or Asia, you probably have never been overseas. In any case, feel free to miss the point.

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
They weren't before but they are now, thanks to the wonderfully intelligent PNAC ideologues ruining this country.

CaptnKirk

Lifer
Jul 25, 2002
If you think that poverty - either the level of, or the particular quality - in North America is anything like it is in the Middle East or Asia, you probably have never been overseas. In any case, feel free to miss the point.

So our 'Poor' would be 'Kings' by other countries standards is rather disingenuous.

The point is not worth 'missing'. Got 'Cake' ?

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: CaptnKirk
So our 'Poor' would be 'Kings' by other countries standards is rather disingenuous.

"Rich" and "poor" are both relative AND subjective terms. You'd have to be ignorant beyond belief to argue against that.

MadRat

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
Originally posted by: loki8481
since the begining of the war, we created a lot of new terrorrists in Iraq that we can't just turn our back on.

Why not? Keep sinking American lives into a bad cuase just because we created a cesspool?

CaptnKirk

Lifer
Jul 25, 2002
Originally posted by: Vic
Originally posted by: CaptnKirk

"Rich" and "poor" are both relative AND subjective terms. You'd have to be ignorant beyond belief to argue against that.

Simple solution - you judge America's poor by America's standards - not by the standards of the Middle East or Asia.

totalcommand

Platinum Member
Apr 21, 2004

It's this Cold War Era thinking that Bush has used to get us into trouble.

Communism is a completely different beast than radical religious fundamentalism. Bush surrounds himself with Cold War Veterans, so I guess we can't expect any novel thinking about the problem.

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
No, they are not the same, in principle. We have real terrorist enemies who have already attacked the U.S., England, Spain, and several Islamic nations. The administration has mismanaged and bungled the "war" on terror in much the same way as they did for their part in how they mishandled the rescue efforts following hurricane Katrina, and KBR/Haliburton is already lining up a fat paycheck on the backs of the victims.

The Bushwhackos used the fight against terror as an excuse to start an unrelated war in Iraq. I don't pretend to understand what drives these sub-human assholes, but the majority of the country is finally waking up to their lies and deceit.

Abe Lincoln said, "You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time." Unfortunately, in a large population, social inertia allows some of the liars to get away with far too much before they are stopped. :(

Engineer

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Harvey
No, they are not the same, in principle. We have real terrorist enemies who have already attacked the U.S., England, Spain, and several Islamic nations. The administration has mismanaged and bungled the "war" on terror in much the same way as they did for their part in how they mishandled the rescue efforts following hurricane Katrina, and KBR/Haliburton is already lining up a fat paycheck on the backs of the victims.

The Bushwhackos used the fight against terror as an excuse to start an unrelated war in Iraq. I don't pretend to understand what drives these sub-human assholes, but the majority of the country is finally waking up to their lies and deceit.

Abe Lincoln said, "You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time." Unfortunately, in a large population, social inertia allows some of the liars to get away with far too much before they are stopped. :(

:beer:

Gaard

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
Presumably either you (the OP) or your friend say that they are the same. Why?

Deudalus

Golden Member
Jan 16, 2005
Don't expect alot of unbiased responses to this question.

To put this poll into perspective, you should start another thread asking if you like or dislike Bush.

When the results in that poll are 100% identical to the results in this post you will realize that the response to this poll is 99% knee jerk and 1% critical thinking on P&N.

Deudalus

Golden Member
Jan 16, 2005
I'd also like to note that sadly the political views on this forum break down at about the same line as the voting on this poll.

25 Democrats/Liberals (mostly hard left liberals)
to
3 Republicans/Conservatives

Basically for every 1 Republican you have 8+ Democrats.

That is what makes this forum sadly pathetic unless you come here to join in the left wing circle jerking and back patting.

orion23

Platinum Member
Oct 1, 2003
They are the same.
Saddam was a guy who proved to be a danger to the world back in 1990-1991.
It was Sr Bush who failed to punish Iraq/saddam at the end of the golf war.

Whatever the lies / reasons were for Iraq in 2003, It was an action long overdue. Bush I believe was just putting an end to a guy who should have been removed from power 12 years earlier.

Do you even remember how Saddam was supposed to allow UN inspectors to look for possible military build up and how he just kept on refusing to comply with the rules of the UN? and how the UN or anybody else woudn't do anything about it?
I'm glad Bush decided to go to war.
I just with the US turned to be the monster all those countries believe we are and instead of doing things right we just nuked the whole place instead of losing our soldiers to these hide and seek militants!
I thing by using extreme force with many of these problematic regions would obligate all others to behave or assume the consecuenses

Engineer

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Deudalus

That is what makes this forum sadly pathetic unless you come here to join in the left wing circle jerking and back patting.

Thanks for weighing in. We needed a pivot man and you're the "right" guy for the job. :)

Enjoy! :D

Hating Bush != Liberal, but of course, you guys don't seem to understand that. I guess that the Liberal base is growing though as Bush's approval rate is down to 38%, hence 38% GOP to 62% Dem! :roll:

P.S. Thanks for answering the OP's question. I'm sure he finds your answer very helpful! :)

Deudalus

Golden Member
Jan 16, 2005
Originally posted by: Engineer
Originally posted by: Deudalus

Thanks for weighing in. We needed a pivot man and you're the "right" guy for the job. :)

Enjoy! :D

Hating Bush != Liberal, but of course, you guys don't seem to understand that. I guess that the Liberal base is growing though as Bush's approval rate is down to 38%, hence 38% GOP to 62% Dem! :roll:

I'm not a right winger really. The majority of my views are liberal, especially socially.

But around here unless if you stub your toe in the morning and start a thread on here blaming Bush you are an "apologist" and a hardcore right winger.

Furthermore, you would have a point about hating Bush doesn't mean you are automatically a liberal but I have yet to hear compelling arguements from anyone around here that would show any moderate thinking that dislikes Bush.

What I do hear is silly things like:

"They are both the same in that they are both BS propaganda maneuvers used to drive a fascist form of patriotism and are primarily a means for sending money to Haliburton."

Followed by random hardcore left wing poster #34834934 in P&N commencing the back patting and quote training.