Is the Satanic Panic still a issue in 2017?

whm1974

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2016
OK one thing I have been wondering about is if the Satanic Panic of the 80's and mid 90's is still an issue in 2017? For those of you too young to remember this, basically almost the whole Country went bonkers about Widespread Satanic and Occult groups ritually abusing children in daycare centers and committing large numbers of murders.

People were actually convict and sent to prison without any shred of evidence whatsoever, some are now just being released from prison.

I have watched some talk shows in lat 80's and early 90's with the hosts being clearly conned by the claims of con artistes who provided who provide no proof at all to back their claims. Or even worse some of the hosts were con artistes themselves spreading the hysteria.

Can this come back? Is this still a problem in some communities?
Here is a long article how this:
https://www.vox.com/2016/10/30/13413864 ... -explained
Another about a couple finally declare innocent:
https://www.dallasnews.com/opinion/comm ... tches-hunt

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Honestly I think American people should be more worried about hetero white males with guns who previously never showed any violent urges.

Reactions: darkswordsman17

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
They just rebranded themselves as the Republican party hiding behind organized religion.

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
Satan is in the White House and plenty of people are panicking.

does that count?
When Kellyanne swoops down off the roof of the WH and plucks a small child off the sidewalk will we accept that explanation.:p

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017
People are getting board of being scared of terrorists so might be time satanic cults to make a comeback. That or killer bees.

Lets stomp out radicalized mega bees and illegal satanist ... trump 2020

bradly1101

Diamond Member
May 5, 2013
www.bradlygsmith.org
Honestly I think American people should be more worried about hetero white males with guns who previously never showed any violent urges.
What about a combo?

HFe1LtH.jpg

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
People are getting board of being scared of terrorists so might be time satanic cults to make a comeback. That or killer bees.

Lets stomp out radicalized mega bees and illegal satanist ... trump 2020
Here's how satanists are in your face in 2017 which these journalists will attempt to explain.

Mar 11, 2004
OP, I just said it in another thread, how social justice and cultism never went away, it just fell out of mainstream consciousness. It was still there. I feel the same about the religious panics. This shit has been going on for millenia. As people, we really have not changed much in all that time. We've slowly made some progress as we fought ignorance, but it, and our willingness to bask in it, persist.

FYI, it does help you understand why conservatives are acting like they are. There's a lot of the evangelicals that believe we're approaching the end days. There's plenty that believe Obama is the actual anti-Christ too.

ISIS is actually a similar doomsday cult.

I don't think people realize how much of that type of rhetoric has been coming back within Abrahamic religions.

Jump to 42 minutes and 20 seconds.

Warning: Language
https://youtu.be/p1sxc3V0lzQ#t=42m20s

Actual police training video has a dramatized scenario of a satanic ritual encounter.

I just watched that too. And yep, all the hilariously stupid crap that people used to believe. OMG Iron Maiden, they worship the devil!

I've tried to tell people that police are fucking trained to view the world in such a fucked up bizarre distorted way, and that it absolutely impacts how they approach their job. That's what is meant by the term "systemic" in that, the officers don't need to be actively that way to still have it be influencing them. And one of the ways is for them to be trained in such a way that they're starting from a skewed point of view. I had a good friend that I'd known for like 20+ years that became a cop. He was one of the wildest people. Literally a day after finishing academy he was defending meter maids. It was like he was brainwashed. I was just like...this is the same guy that used to rage about campus police booting people's cars in the parking lots when they didn't have the parking pass, and now he's defending meter maids.

On a lighter note, one of my nephews drew a circle with a star in it and my sister kinda freaked out. The points of the star weren't even touching the circle (hell the star was wonky, it in no way resembled any actual pentagram). I wanted to laugh. Even better, I listen to Last Podcast on the Left where two of them are Satanists (or were claiming to be or working to convert to it; by that I believe it was LeVeyan), and she enjoys listening to them.

Last edited:

bbhaag

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2011
I've never heard of satanic panic before and I grew up in the 80's and 90's. The allegations made against that elderly couple with no physical evidence is awful. The court of public opinion is swift and brutal.

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
I've never heard of satanic panic before and I grew up in the 80's and 90's. The allegations made against that elderly couple with no physical evidence is awful. The court of public opinion is swift and brutal.
Where have we seen this type of behavior before....? Oh yeah I remember where - the Salem Witch Trials where entire families were persecuted for supposedly being witches.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Check out the documentary "Paradise Lost: The Child Murders at Robin Hood Hills." I think it's still on Netflix. Best thing you can see about fear of Satanism, and herd mentality, in America.

bbhaag

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2011
Where have we seen this type of behavior before....? Oh yeah I remember where - the Salem Witch Trials where entire families were persecuted for supposedly being witches.
I suppose but that happened in 1692 not 1992. It's just terrible that allegations can be made without any physical evidence and that can ruin a persons life forever.

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
I suppose but that happened in 1692 not 1992. It's just terrible that allegations can be made without any physical evidence and that can ruin a persons life forever.
Well it serves as proof that some behavioral patterns continue to repeat themselves.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Campus Crusade for Christ used a "satanism on campus" shtick to draw audiences to their evangelizing events. When students realized the bait and switch they would give the Crusade creeps hell. I went to one event promising to expose the "OCCULT ON CAMPUS!" The meeting opened with a movie (analog video) of some football player discussing his salvation. The audience shouted it down as that was not what was promised. After much booing and catcalls, the hucksters finally got around to offering their evidence of satanic rituals… pictures of a mutilated rabbit. Who knew that red tails worshiped the dark father?

Last edited:

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Remember the hilarity that ensued after the holy roller community saw The Exorcist? Took them decades to calm down on that stuff, and some protestant congregations are still milking it.

Anything not directly related to modern day American christianity is cause enough to panic in the Bible Belt. Look at their butthurt over Halloween, or yoga.

The religulous will always be pissing themselves over something ridiculous, it's what they do.

Last edited:

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Are homos with guns shooting hundreds of people at peaceful gatherings?
No.
So we dont have to worry about homos with guns.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
I thought the ad placement was kinda funny.

zx6VSN8.jpg

I played D&D in the late 80s, so I was definitely aware of it. I did a report in high school in the 90s on it and how it was unsubstantiated.

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
Ah man, I remember when times were simpler, and parents thought kids playing D&D or Diablo (PC) was devil worshipping. Reality is so much scarier than fiction.

whm1974

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2016
Ah man, I remember when times were simpler, and parents thought kids playing D&D or Diablo (PC) was devil worshipping. Reality is so much scarier than fiction.
And truth is stranger then fiction, fiction has to make sense.