Is the MSN Messenger network down for you?

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
See topic line. Thought I'd also throw in this related conversation that occured on IRC.

<sparkM> correction alot of MSN servers seem to be off line but not all of them
<BusterB> any info on when they will be fixed?
<sully> I just talked to Bill, he's working on it now
<Dustoff_> heh.. can't access the MSN status web site tho
<BusterB> hey sully, you actually know the guy who controls MSN?
<sully> ...oy.

SSP

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
blah... I went offline and then online to see if its offline, and now I cant connect. Thanks a lot!!! ;)

Shawn

Lifer
Apr 20, 2003
as much as I hate aol at least their aim servers are never down. why is that?

Staples

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2001
Yep, just tried to log on. In other news, AIM has a new version that is actually somewhat decent for more then just chatting and sending files. Seems AOL finally learned some lessons from MS.

RagingBITCH

Lifer
Sep 27, 2003
Originally posted by: Staples
Yep, just tried to log on. In other news, AIM has a new version that is actually somewhat decent for more then just chatting and sending files. Seems AOL finally learned some lessons from MS.

5.5 also installs Wildtangent on your computer - do yourself a favor and make sure to run Adaware or remove it manually.

AndrewNF

Sep 1, 2001
MSN Messenger status page loads slowly for me, but it eventually says that all systems are go. Weird.

And I also signed out and tried to sign in again to see if things working or not and got stuck logged out. Booo.

Staples

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2001
Originally posted by: RagingBITCH
Originally posted by: Staples

5.5 also installs Wildtangent on your computer - do yourself a favor and make sure to run Adaware or remove it manually.

Well unless I start seeing popups, I really do not care. I actually played a Wild Tangent game called Polar Bowler with a friend over AIM, pretty fun although they try to get you to buy some new levels for $20.

elanarchist

Dec 8, 2001
What's up with Messenger? It's so unreliable - practically every week they shut down the servers for "maintanence" and there are long outages every now and then. AIM has always been rock solid.