is the geforce2 2d really that bad?

CanOWorms

Lifer
Jul 3, 2001
I keep seeing people state that its 2d quality is bad. Does anyone have any screenshots or articles that point out the differences?

Was a Voodoo3 3000 AGP considered good or bad 2d? How is a GeForce2 Pro 2d compare to a Voodoo3 3000 2d?

amb#cog

Platinum Member
Jan 14, 2000
Was a Voodoo3 3000 AGP considered good or bad 2d?

With the latest drivers they made. I found it very good.

How is a GeForce2 Pro 2d compare to a Voodoo3 3000 2d?

Unfortunately each card manufacture has a different look to em. My Leadtek Ultra is fine for my tastes, and I'm picky about my 2D.

Try it out. Worse case scenario. You send it back, or sell it, and lose a few bucks. Best case scenario. You love it, are blown away by the 3D, it overclocks well, and you're a happy camper. :)

Rand

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999

<< I keep seeing people state that its 2d quality is bad. Does anyone have any screenshots or articles that point out the differences?
>>

It varies from manufacturer to manufacturer, but unfortunately it became very common for many manufacturers to put little effort into producing boards that could provide reasonable 2D visual quality. The same flaw was even more common among boards basen upon the NVidia TNT1 and TNT2 chipsets.

<<
Was a Voodoo3 3000 AGP considered good or bad 2d? How is a GeForce2 Pro 2d compare to a Voodoo3 3000 2d?
>>

[/i] >>

IMHO the Voodoo3 3000 offers extremely good 2D visual quality, that is slightly better then even the popular 2D of the Radeon. I personally feel that the V3 3000 on up to the V5 5500 offers 2D quality that is unparallelled except by Matrox with their G400 and G450 products. Matrox has long been the indisputablle king of 2D.
It's certainly far better then anything I have ever seen any GF2 board produce.

BFG10K

Lifer
Aug 14, 2000
It varies between manufacturers and even within the same manufacturer.

All of the nVidia cards I've owned/tested have had great 2D image quality and trust me, if there was anything wrong with them I'd be the first to notice and to complain about it.

Rand

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999

<< It varies between manufacturers and even within the same manufacturer.

All of the nVidia cards I've owned/tested have had great 2D image quality and trust me, if there was anything wrong with them I'd be the first to notice and to complain about it.
>>

Next time I want to pay you to but my next video card then!
You must have far better luck with NVidia cards then I have.