Question is the EVGA BT 450 W 80+ Bronze good enough for an rx 570?

Lorenzzz

May 2, 2020
This PSU: EVGA BT 450 W 80+ Bronze.

Is it good for an RX 570?

My pc has the following components:

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G (NO OC)
MOBO: Gigabyte GA-A320M-S2H
RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200
HDD: WD Caviar Blue 500gb 7200rpm
SDD: Sandisk plus 240GB
PSU: EVGA BT 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply

If not.. what PSU would you recomend me?? The cheapest one but good enough....

Thanks in advance..

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
A 450w is the minimum amount that AMD recommends for the RX 570, so yes it will be enough.

That said, you probably could find a 550w unit for around the same amount, so that would give you a little more breathing room for GPU/CPU upgrades in the future.

jonnyGURU

Moderator <BR> Power Supplies
Oct 30, 1999
No.

The BT series is a double forward, group regulated PSU with a sleeve bearing fan. It's almost as cheap as you can get. If you care about your PC hardware, you should use a different PSU.

Lorenzzz

May 2, 2020

Lorenzzz

May 2, 2020
Not really. It's still a group regulated unit from another company:

http://www.jonnyguru.com/forums/showthread.php?16402-Thermaltake-smart-500w-white

I looked a little at what Amazon and Newegg had in stock, and there's not many quality choices right now below $100. Pretty much everything is sold out.

I see :disappointed: What about if I go with another GPU like this one: https://www.newegg.com/zotac-geforc...tx 1060&cm_re=gtx_1060-_-14-500-405-_-Product

it is a low Profile graphics card, i guess it does not requieres much power.

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
It's not really what GPU you go with (as they require PCIe power cables), it's the PSU units available to buy right now. A crappy power supply is just as crappy at 450w as it is 550w. ;)

I guess if you want to stay on the entry-level side of power supplies and because inventory is so bad right now, if I was in your shoes and needed it for a build, I would get the Thermaltake unit. Otherwise, your only other options you can buy right now are over $100. If you need a budget-orientated unit right now, you just don't have many options.

jonnyGURU

Oct 30, 1999
Try Newegg, not Amazon, if you're in the U.S.

Here's some suggestions:

Corsair: The CX Series (non "M"): LLC w/ DC to DC and rifle bearing fan. "Bronze" efficiency. Non-modular.

Thermaltake: Only products that have "Toughpower" in the name. They're LLC with DC to DC. Modular.

Cooler Master: MWE V2 (not the "non V2"): The V2 has LLC with DC to DC. Both the "White" and "Bronze" versions of the V2 use the same LLC and DC to DC topology. Either have rifle bearing fans. They are non-Modular.

Antec: EAG PRO: LLC with DC to DC. Rifle bearing fan. "Gold" efficiency. Semi-modular. The new version has all black wires. Don't get stuck with the old version.

Another Antec: Neo Eco Zen: LLC with DC to DC. Rifle bearing fan. "Gold" efficiency. Non-modular.

You can always pay more for a PSU, then you get features like full modularity, better efficiency (Gold, Platinum, Titanium), which also means the PSU runs cooler, a better fan (like an FDB fan), and in some cases the ability to monitor PSU voltages, temperatures, etc (like Corsair's RMi, HXi, AXi and Thermaltake's iRGB). Some have quieter fans than others too (zero-RPM fan mode or a better fan motor that makes less "buzzing" noise).

Hope this helps!

alexruiz

Platinum Member
Sep 21, 2001
No.

The BT series is a double forward, group regulated PSU with a sleeve bearing fan. It's almost as cheap as you can get. If you care about your PC hardware, you should use a different PSU.

I am curious.
While the topology is older, this is still a single 12V rail PSU at 35A (420 W)
The Radeon RX 570 takes around 190W at load, the APU is around 70W at load, and rarely both are at full load at the same time.
Even if they were, shouldn't this PSU be enough?

Yes, a CX450 would be a much better unit... if you can find one

jonnyGURU

Oct 30, 1999
I am curious.
While the topology is older, this is still a single 12V rail PSU at 35A (420 W)
The Radeon RX 570 takes around 190W at load, the APU is around 70W at load, and rarely both are at full load at the same time.
Even if they were, shouldn't this PSU be enough?

Single +12V rail has nothing to do with the front end topology or the graphics card's power consumption.

It has to do with the transient loads of the graphics card and the hard switching nature of the double forward topology.