Is the death grip real?

Feb 10, 2000
Negative. You don't have any muscles in your hands, just tendons that are manipulated by the muscles in your forearms. If the tendons are cut, you have no grip.

chambersc

Diamond Member
Feb 11, 2005
Originally posted by: DonVito
Negative. You don't have any muscles in your hands, just tendons that are manipulated by the muscles in your forearms. If the tendons are cut, you have no grip.

yeah, ever seen "constantine?"

Howard

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
Wow, I could have sworn I just posted in this thread. Oh well, DonVito posted what I meant to say.

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
Wow, I could have sworn I just posted in this thread. Oh well, Howard just posted that DonVito posted what I meant to say.

Feb 10, 2000
Originally posted by: chambersc

No - does that happen in the movie or something?

Feb 10, 2000
Originally posted by: Perknose
Wow, I could have sworn I just posted in this thread. Oh well, Howard just posted that DonVito posted what I meant to say.

I could have sworn I heard this information from Perknose. It must have been a dream . . .

chambersc

Diamond Member
Feb 11, 2005
Originally posted by: chambersc

No - does that happen in the movie or something?

yeah, keanu reaves slits his wrists to commit suicide. when he's talking with the devil keanu tries to light a cigarette and the devil quips how he has no tendons due to cutting em.

SacrosanctFiend

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004

Incorrect. You have the hypothenar, thenar, and short-finger muscles in your hand.

CarlKillerMiller

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2003
Originally posted by: SacrosanctFiend

Incorrect. You have the hypothenar, thenar, and short-finger muscles in your hand.

That sounds like something Dwight from The Office would say.

Gibsons

Lifer
Aug 14, 2001
You might be thinking about rigor mortis (wiki ), in which case I think it would depend on where (how high up) the arm was cut off.