Is the ATI Radeon compatible with every Direct X 6, 7 and 8 and Open GL Game?

UKspace

Banned
Dec 15, 2000
Is it supported by just as many games as the GeForce and Voodoo cards?

Also at 1280 x 1024 at 32bit in 2D would a GeForce be able to produce a sharp bright image? As good as the Radeon? It will be needed to power an Iiyama VM Pro 451.

If the Radeon is not well supported then I may as well get a GeForce but will the 2D be good enough at the resolution stated?

I plan to do Office Work, Some Photo Editing (not too advanced, yet) and basic video editing, but also plenty of games.

Or would I be better getting a cheap Video Card for now and then upgrade when the new Radeon 2 or NV20 chips are released? When are these due to be released?

oldfart

Lifer
Dec 2, 1999
You kind of asked some questions that are tough to answer. EVERY game? Well, I dont own every game made, but do own quite a few. All of them work very well. The Radeon is just as compatible as any other card. I'm not going to answer the nVidia 2D question. There has been much discussion on this board about it. Do a search, read up and draw your own conclusions. As far as waiting for the next thing? Thats always an argument. The next thing is always just around the corner. Your choice there.