Is pulling pranks in drive thrus illegal?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

kranky

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: KK
put some dogsh1t in a paper sack, light it on fire and toss it in the window. Wait till after you get your food though.

It's safe to say that's illegal.

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
I had some friends in high school that would go to the McDonald's drive-thru, place an order, then go to the pick-up window and the passenger would lean over the driver and super-soaker the crap out of whoever was there (and in through to the restaurant) with red-dyed water.

They always went to the same McDonald's too, and never got busted. :confused:

KT

Kirby

Lifer
Apr 10, 2006
Try that at a bank. Please. I know everything about every customer. The possibilities are endless.

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
Originally posted by: aceofskies05
or go up to mcdonalds and tell them there food is disgusting
As someone who used to work at McDonald's in the drive through, I have to say that this is the most original idea I've ever encountered. When we speak of great innovators in history, we can point to Edison, Franklin, and aceofskies05. Who are we to say that one was greater than the other?

FallenHero

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2006
Originally posted by: KeithTalent
I had some friends in high school that would go to the McDonald's drive-thru, place an order, then go to the pick-up window and the passenger would lean over the driver and super-soaker the crap out of whoever was there (and in through to the restaurant) with red-dyed water.

KT

So your friends committed a battery...good friends you got there.

nick1985

Lifer
Dec 29, 2002
Originally posted by: FallenHero

KT

Yeah, some real tough guys super-soaking some helpless employees. I bet they proceeded to give each other high-fives then suck jerk off each other afterwards.

KeithTalent

Administrator
Nov 30, 2005

KT

I said had friends that did this, it was a long time ago. Not really sure what compelled them to do it, just dumb high school idiocy I guess.

To be honest I think battery would be a stretch as the intent was not to harm, but just to get them wet.

KT

nick1985

Lifer
Dec 29, 2002

KT

I said had friends that did this, it was a long time ago. Not really sure what compelled them to do it, just dumb high school idiocy I guess.

To be honest I think battery would be a stretch as the intent was not to harm, but just to get them wet.

KT

So if I fired a shotgun into the drive through window and said my intent was not to harm, but to scare a few people then it wouldnt be battery? I would imagine that they could have easily been charged with battery, high-pressured water to the eyes can do serious harm.

miri

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2003
Is it?

is your life that boring that you may feel the need to harass those making minimum wage?

And yes I used to make minimum wage working at a drive through when I was 17

KK

Lifer
Jan 2, 2001
Originally posted by: nick1985

KT

KT

So if I fired a shotgun into the drive through window and said my intent was not to harm, but to scare a few people then it wouldnt be battery? I would imagine that they could have easily been charged with battery, high-pressured water to the eyes can do serious harm.

Now this is one of the stupidest comparisons I have seen in a few days on here. I'm not saying that shooting someone with water, or throwing water on someone in a drive thru is nothing short of being assinine..

KeithTalent

Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Originally posted by: nick1985

KT

KT

Silly comparison, but I don't really care. I never did, never will do it, and I called them idiots for doing it.

I only posted because the OP was asking about it. Lay off.

KT

TheNinja

Lifer
Jan 22, 2003
After you order your food.....claim that pirates are cooler than ninjas....everyone will laugh at something so crazy that it could never be true. In fact, even trying to compare then practically blows my mind! You might get some free food after they stop laughing too. It happened to me a couple times.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
or go up to mcdonalds and tell them there food is disgusting

hasn't kindergarten started back up yet? dude, you are pathetic.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000

KT

wow, why are people so ***** retarded and inconsiderate?
these people are just trying to do a job to make money. their lives probably aren't that great to begin with, working at a fast food joint, but at least they're contributing to something - not being douchebag losers. people like this make me sick.

edit: wait, i thought swear words were allowed? now its blocking them? and i even used a v instead of a u... :confused:

MartyMcFly3

Lifer
Jan 18, 2003
www.youtube.com

KT

KT

I poke you with a stick, but not hard enough to injure you or harm you in anyway. You dont want me to poke you with a stick. It's a battery.

Simple battery includes any form of non-consensual, harmful or insulting contact, regardless of the injury caused

Battery is not a stretch in your scenario.