Is pulling pranks in drive thrus illegal?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Originally posted by: MartyMcFly3
Originally posted by: KeithTalent
Originally posted by: FallenHero
I had some friends in high school that would go to the McDonald's drive-thru, place an order, then go to the pick-up window and the passenger would lean over the driver and super-soaker the crap out of whoever was there (and in through to the restaurant) with red-dyed water.

They always went to the same McDonald's too, and never got busted. :confused:

KT

So your friends committed a battery...good friends you got there.

I said had friends that did this, it was a long time ago. Not really sure what compelled them to do it, just dumb high school idiocy I guess.

To be honest I think battery would be a stretch as the intent was not to harm, but just to get them wet.

KT

I poke you with a stick, but not hard enough to injure you or harm you in anyway. You dont want me to poke you with a stick. It's a battery.

Simple battery includes any form of non-consensual, harmful or insulting contact, regardless of the injury caused

Battery is not a stretch in your scenario.

Good to know. Please don't poke me with your stick.

Thanks,
KT

FallenHero

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2006
Originally posted by: FallenHero
I had some friends in high school that would go to the McDonald's drive-thru, place an order, then go to the pick-up window and the passenger would lean over the driver and super-soaker the crap out of whoever was there (and in through to the restaurant) with red-dyed water.

They always went to the same McDonald's too, and never got busted. :confused:

KT

So your friends committed a battery...good friends you got there.

I said had friends that did this, it was a long time ago. Not really sure what compelled them to do it, just dumb high school idiocy I guess.

To be honest I think battery would be a stretch as the intent was not to harm, but just to get them wet.

KT

Battery would be an EASY charge for that. Battery doesn't always mean harm, it can also mean contact of an insulting or provoking nature.

EDIT: DAMN YOU MARTY!

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
..with video cam's everywhere I'm shure you'll make some lawyer very happy.