Is OK's SetiQ down?

TuffGuy

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2000
It seems to be down, and my remote rigs haven't uploaded anything in a while. I probably lost ~6 WUs so was.

May 31, 2001
Originally posted by: TuffGuy
It seems to be down, and my remote rigs haven't uploaded anything in a while. I probably lost ~6 WUs so was.

If they were not able to connect, they should have just continued crunching and tried to re-submit the results later, right?

TuffGuy

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2000
Originally posted by: ShotgunSteve
Originally posted by: TuffGuy

If they were not able to connect, they should have just continued crunching and tried to re-submit the results later, right?

Not quite. Each remote client downloads ONE unit, and once it finishes processing it, it uploads the result and grabs another unit. If the remote server is down, it just idles while trying to connect every hour.

Poof

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2000
If at all possible, it is often useful to have Setidriver along with your grabbing WUs from Setiqueue just in case the queue is down or your network connection goes away... Believe you me, sh%t happens with machines and knowing the amount of traffic that OK's gets, it's bound to choke every once in awhile. :)