Is now a good time to buy Battlefield 1?

AdamK47

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
It's been a while since it was released. Is now a good time to buy? I usually wait until a little ways after release to purchase.

Last edited:

Imp

Lifer
Feb 8, 2000
Origin just had a sale over Thanksgiving.

Not sure if there's ever a good/bad time. The newest update broke my game while it was running reasonably for a month and a half before that. Forum posts suggest the patch before that broke it for other people so different people, different experiences.

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
For sure, it's a great game. If it's money you're concerned about it, you can set a price alert using CheapShark or just use the site to find the cheapest price. I did a search for BF1 there and it looks like it's currently cheapest at GMG:

f0ROLQZ.png

moonbogg

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
I don't know man, I've been playing a lot more Rocketleague than BF1. BF1 is a good game, but it doesn't have the same appeal to me that BF3/BF4 had. Its a good game but I just don't play it all that much. At the end of the day I sit down at my desk and tell myself, "Alright, going to kick some ass in BF1 tonight, but right after a few games of Rocketleague". Pretty soon several hours have flown by and its bed time so I decide to just play BF1 the next day, but the next day is just a repeat.
If I don't want to play rocketleague, then I tell myself I'll play BF1 after I do a little browsing. After some browsing and maybe a few videos or a movie I didn't plan on watching, its bed time again and I tell myself I'll play BF1 tomorrow, but yet again, the sequence repeats.
When I do get around to playing BF1, I get in the game and tell myself, "OK, going to cap those flags and shoot people, cool stuff". After running around for a while I start to feel like I am wasting my life, so I play some rocketleague because that's where the adrenaline is for me these days. I feel the risk of defeat and anticipate the thrill of victory when I play rocketleague. All of those feelings are missing in BF1. I don't care if my team wins or loses. I don't care if I get a good K/D. I don't care if I go on a kill streak. I just don't care in BF1 like I did so passionately in BF3/4. Something huge is missing in this game for me.

desura

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2013
Aren't all battlefield games basically the same, but with different skins on the vehicles? Like, even in BF3, the jet fighters don't control like jet fighters. They move at about the same speed as the turboprops of 1942.

And even then, like for FPS games their biggest virtue IMO is in the SP campaign. I personally will wait until it gets cheap just to play the SP campaign.

The Star Wars battlefield game is pretty good though.

Raduque

Lifer
Aug 22, 2004
I bought it for $30 after thanksgiving. I've only played the campaign and haven't even thought about the MP. It was worth the $30.