Is my sig meeting the new requirements?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Obsoleet

Platinum Member
Oct 2, 2007
I've been fighting with the system here trying to meet the requirements.. the 90 characters per line is strange.. it includes markup, and 'autowraps' lines over that- but RETAINS a single line effectively. So you can have over 90 characters per line, it's just counted as 2 lines..

if this was NOT by design please let me know. I'm trying to fulfill the requirements, and using what the forum accepts as allowing me to save my sig as, as the rule enforcement.
Thinking that you guys set it up to enforce the new rules the way you intended.

If there is still work to be done there, or if this assumption of mine is not correct let me know. I'm trying to meet these requirements but quite a bit of work- if my assumption is not correct. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Obsoleet

Platinum Member
Oct 2, 2007
So basically, when you create a signature it does NOT enforce the rules for you through code restrictions.

That's not right. You guys have work to do.
I'm going to meet the requirements, but don't expect people to work outside of the bounds of what is allowed. I notice it DOES force certain requirements on you, ie. the characters per line.. it just counts it as 2.

People are going to get confused and you'll be chasing people down on these rules.

Not my problem and frankly don't care. I'll edit mine and make it compliant, the rules posted are clear, but one has a hard time knowing if they are autoenforced when the sig editor enforces some rules, in a less-than-correct fashion.. you naturally assume it's either forcing the requirements or not. All or nothing.

Obsoleet

Platinum Member
Oct 2, 2007
I think I found the best way for me to get in compliance. That is
Code:
11 characters: [ size=1 ][ b ]
77 characters: Intel C2Q 9450@3ghz | Intel X25-M G2 160GB | MSI Radeon 5870 (on latest WHQL)
80 characters: Ubuntu 12.04LTS + Win7Pro64 | 8GB Mushkin XP2-6400 (4-4-4-12) | Lian Li PC-A05NB
80 characters: Asus P5Q-E (P45 / ICH10R) | Corsair HX650 | Asus U3S6 | Asus VW266H + Dell 2005FPW
87 characters: + Samsung PN50B650 | External Seagate GoFlex 1.5TB USB 3.0 + External LiteOn IHES208 BR
11 characters: [ /size ] [/b ]

To use lines 1 and 6 for formatting. Otherwise it's just far too easy to hit the 90 character limit.
Also, including markup means using colors is basically out of the question. That might need to be revisited. I liked having blue for Intel products and green for AMD products.

I'm not sure the new sig is any less annoying than my old sig though, to be totally honest.
People who don't like sigs are likely better off just.. oh, turning them off in the AT forum options ;) Cuz this is still going to bug some people. Oh well, I'm in compliance. GLHF, thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.