Is my Q9550 a good one?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Duvie

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2001
Originally posted by: Slappy00
i did some passes with both prime and intelliburn. prime would raise my temps to ~60c and intelliburn on max would raise them to 72c. Now that might not be a benchmark but a 10c difference is enough to make me use intelliburn.

as an aside my e0 does 3.4ghz no problem. I could get 3.8 but I want to keep my voltage at 1.20 as intelliburn temps top out at 62C.

Except for the fact prime95 usually runs my quad 6700 about 8c higher then any real world app that fully loads all 4 of my cores....It ran my E8400 about 10c higher then any real world app I could throw at it...

so you have to ask yourself something....What is so great about that max heat? Nothing you run unless you build your PCs for burn in test will raise the cpu to that level....so again prime95 is sufficient to weeding out those instability issues.....heat alone is not necessarily the issue.

So if prime95 is 8-10c higher then real world apps your 12c delta is just more of a difference to real world...

It likely is doing something unrealistic in terms of how apps would use the cores (gates) and cache pools....