Is MSI Gaming App worth installing for 1050ti 4gb?

Coyle

May 15, 2020
Is on old PC so resource usage an issue. If is good to use, how to install it, link on MSI site is dead. Have box but in process of moving so is packed somewhere--or maybe gone:unamused: I see 3rd party site offering it but seems sketchy that way. Any suggestions where to download it safely, if it's of any use.

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
What is "MSI Gaming App", and what does it purport to do?

I would most definitely install "MSI AfterBurner" (Make sure from MSI directly, or a trusted site like TechPowerUp).

Reactions: Coyle

Coyle

May 15, 2020
What is "MSI Gaming App", and what does it purport to do?

I would most definitely install "MSI AfterBurner" (Make sure from MSI directly, or a trusted site like TechPowerUp).
Is this: MSI Global - The Leading Brand in High-end Gaming & Professional Creation
I did just now install Afterburner but being GPU noob don't know what to do with it; I liked the idea of the gaming app because it gives general settings to apply. But I will learn what to do with the settings in Afterburner, thanks.

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
For a GTX 1050ti, MSI Afterburner is all you would ever need.

Like Larry mentioned, Nvidia's Geforce Experience can do everything else. No need to install some app that MSI doesn't even support anymore on their site.

Reactions: Furious_Styles