Is James bond dissing BMW?

LoverBoyJ

Mar 22, 2001
I just saw a commercial for a limited edition Ford Thunderbird and its used for the James bond movie!! :Q

Wasn't he supposed to use BMW's only? :confused:

ObiDon

Diamond Member
May 8, 2000
They should have stuck to Brit cars. :)

Edit --
Wasn't he supposed to use BMW's only?
Only seen a couple of Bond movies, eh? ;)

I think the Lotus Esprit was still the coolest one!

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Aston is his car. I like BMWs, but nothing under the BMW name can even touch the vanquish in terms of pimp-assness.

Beau

Lifer
Jun 25, 2001
www.beauscott.com
Originally posted by: Skoorb
Aston is his car. I like BMWs, but nothing under the BMW name can even touch the vanquish in terms of pimp-assness.

Besides, what bimmer driver can say that his car was made almost 100% by hand?

toph99

Diamond Member
Aug 25, 2000
I am going to see this movie ONLY to see the Vanquish. I hope he really gets on the gas and lets that V12 roar :D

dolph

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2001
i still remember the fiasco with the z3 in goldeneye. what a disappointment. the z8 in the world is not enough was almost as bad, except it got to shoot a tiny missle. then it got cut in half.

NutBucket

Lifer
Aug 30, 2000
I saw that commercial to. I think maybe the car is in the film but maybe one of the bad guys is driving it.

MrBond

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2000
Why would a british spy drive german sportscars exclusivly?

There was a lot of outcry over the BMW's in the bond films, especially after teasing everyone with the Aston Martin in Goldeneye (which was much cooler then the STOCK z3 (it was supposed to have gadgets but we never saw them)). I did like his 700 series in TND, and the Z8 in TWINE was awesome (and then they sawed it in half, I wonder if BMW agreed to that :D).

Pretty much what it all boils down to is BMW gave them a ton of money to have their cars in the last three films. I don't know if Aston Martin/Ford gave them more money or they just decided to return to his roots (as the new Z4 would be a logical choice for a bond car).

The Vanquish looks amazing in Die Another Day. Hopefully it makes up for the fact that Bond surfs in this movie :(

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Originally posted by: dolph
i still remember the fiasco with the z3 in goldeneye. what a disappointment. the z8 in the world is not enough was almost as bad, except it got to shoot a tiny missle. then it got cut in half.
It was explainable in no other way than to say pathetic. A real let down.

loup garou

Lifer
Feb 17, 2000
Originally posted by: Skoorb
Originally posted by: dolph
It was explainable in no other way than to say pathetic. A real let down.
Yeah, that Z3 really sucked. The worst part is that Goldeneye was the best out of all the Brosnan Bond films, but had the gayest car.

LoverBoyJ

Mar 22, 2001
Originally posted by: ObiDon
They should have stuck to Brit cars. :)

Edit --
Wasn't he supposed to use BMW's only?
Only seen a couple of Bond movies, eh? ;)

I think the Lotus Esprit was still the coolest one!

Yep, I saw that movie with the Lotus/Submarine Car when I was a kid. Thats what got hooked me to James Bond flicks! But most of his latest movies have been using cool modded BMW's.

Originally posted by: ObiDon
They should have stuck to Brit cars.

Second that ! He's an European agent!

Parrotheader

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 1999
Originally posted by: Beau6183
Originally posted by: Parrotheader
Actually when I think of BOND cars, I think Aston Martin.

My uncle used to own the Aston Martin DB5 that they used in Goldfinger.
Very cool. Quite possibly my favorite Bond film too. In fact, I think I'll watch that while I'm working *puts Goldfinger Divx CD into spare system* Ahh.

Beau

Lifer
Jun 25, 2001
www.beauscott.com

Very cool. Quite possibly my favorite Bond film too. In fact, I think I'll watch that while I'm working *puts Goldfinger Divx CD into spare system* Ahh.

:D He used to drive it in the 4th of july parade in Provo/Orem with the machine guns and all the other doo-dads fully displayed. I think he sold it a few years back though.

loup garou

Lifer
Feb 17, 2000

:D He used to drive it in the 4th of july parade in Provo/Orem with the machine guns and all the other doo-dads fully displayed. I think he sold it a few years back though.
Um, when did he sell it? AFAIK, that car was in Boca Raton, FL since the mid 80s, and was stolen from the Boca Airport about 5 years ago. Did he own it before all that? Or was your uncle the one who stole it? ;)