Is it worth to upgrade from S350DB to 360 or any other?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Prosecutorr

Sep 8, 2020
You need a pair of xlr cable that is male on both end.

Is Latvia running out of fishes like everywhere else?

You're wrong, i need Male to Female as look DAC having female :)

Nope, everything is fine with fish :D

Attachments

• Screenshot_913.png
    Screenshot_913.png
    3 MB · Views: 1

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
The are male according to this video:
He called it female cable, but it's a female port. The xlr cable he showed was male on both end. He even mentioned plugfing in 3 prong.

Look at around 50 second mark, he puts up text saying Female XLR input.

Prosecutorr

Sep 8, 2020
He called it female cable, but it's a female port. The xlr cable he showed was male on both end. He even mentioned plugfing in 3 prong.

Look at around 50 second mark, he puts up text saying Female XLR input.

1. I connect into monitors
2. I connect to DAC.

I think i haven't made a mistake o_O

Attachments

• Screenshot_914.png
    Screenshot_914.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_915.png
    Screenshot_915.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 4

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
1. I connect into monitors
2. I connect to DAC.

I think i haven't made a mistake o_O
No you need the cable to be male on both ends. You don't see three metal pins sticking out of the back of the active monitor do you?

Prosecutorr

Sep 8, 2020
No you need the cable to be male on both ends. You don't see three metal pins sticking out of the back of the active monitor do you?
Yes, the male goes to monitors, that correct, but let's check the DAC. I need female for that :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_916.png
    Screenshot_916.png
    3.9 MB · Views: 5

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Yes, the male goes to monitors, that correct, but let's check the DAC. I need female for that :)

Lol I didn't look too closely when I looked it up. I was looking at the front and thought they were output.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Np :D, at the end everything is fine :D

Btw, maybe i should take a look on Tannoy Gold 8?

I do like Tannoy coax drivers but speakers are things you have to listen to before you can decide.

Actually given they cost the same for you, go with Tannoy.

Last edited:

Prosecutorr

Sep 8, 2020
I do like Tannoy coax drivers but speakers are things you have to listen to before you can decide.

Yeah, true! I did love the sound of Adam T8V, but they are not for my usage completely, and sometimes i wanted a little more bass.

But from your professional vision, which i should try first for my needs? Music, usually from Spotify. TV Shows sometimes and sometimes playing games(CoD Warzone).

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Yeah, true! I did love the sound of Adam T8V, but they are not for my usage completely, and sometimes i wanted a little more bass.

But from your professional vision, which i should try first for my needs? Music, usually from Spotify. TV Shows sometimes and sometimes playing games(CoD Warzone).

I am not a professional sound guy. I love Tannoy sound. I will definitely pick Tannoy Gold 8 over KRK RP8. I didn't suggest them cuz I am in Canada and they cost like one third more than the RP8.

But you are in Europe so the situation gets reversed. Definitely look at European speakers xd

Music from Spotify deserves 20 dollar apeakers :cool:

Last edited:

Prosecutorr

Sep 8, 2020
I am not a professional sound guy. I love Tannoy sound. But didn't suggest them cuz I am in Canada and they cost like one third more than the RP8.
For me, they will cost exactly the same as KRK, so that's why I'm asking for your suggestion :)

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Great! Thank you, i will try them :)

Does the low-frequencies(bass) is not worse than in KRK? :)

From spec Tannoy has more power but KRK goes lower. But unless you look up actual measurements it is all academic. Like I said, your hearing has to be the judge, not mine.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
So it will be softer?

Wont go as low but will be louder, but not by a lot. Low frequency require lots of power.

With the Tannoy you can use minijack cables and don't need the Behringer. One stereo minijack cable from computer line out to one speaker, then a mono one between the speakers.

Last edited:

Prosecutorr

Sep 8, 2020
Wont go as low but will be louder, but not by a lot. Low frequency require lots of power.

With the Tannoy you can use minijack cables and don't need the Behringer. One stereo minijack cable from computer line out to one speaker, then a mono one between the speakers.
Yeye. Thank you for your help! Ordered!

damian101

Aug 11, 2020
Seems like I forgot to actually send this:

"In your case I would recommend to either buy an adapter cable from mini male jack stereo to double male XLR, or buy the Behringer UMC-202HD and adapter cables from male jack mono to XLR male mono (either separate or as a double cable), or buy the UMC-404HD and two XLR cables. To estimate if going for an audio interface is even worth it I'd need to know your motherboard model, even cheap recent motherboards often have excellent onboard audio.
The ISO-Pad 7 is made for full-range monitors, a single pad is big enough to fit the entire Syrincs subwoofer on it."